cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remotely launch some Zoom Room controllers

NocturnalDC
Attendee

This is weirdly only affecting some of our Zoom Rooms, not all. I try to launch the controller of a room from the admin portal, but get hit with the attached "Cannot connect to Zoom Rooms" screen. Any ideas on why this may be the case?

11 REPLIES 11

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @NocturnalDC welcome to the community! Could you please confirm the type of Zoom Room controller you're having trouble with, whether it's an Android, iOS, or web-based Zoom Room controller? Have you attempted to update the Zoom Room controller application or any operating system updates on any of the controllers? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

NocturnalDC
Attendee

Mix of some Poly TC8s as part of the Poly X50 series and then also a couple Crestron TS-1070s (Android). What's weird though is that we have ~55 Zoom Rooms in our environment and are not seeing this same issue with others that use the same gear (same version/OS as well).

twilton
Listener

@RN @NocturnalDC  I am having the same issue.  My room uses a Poly G7500 (4.1.0-382263/5.16.5) with a Poly TC8 controller (4.1.0-211200/5.16.5).  I also have other rooms with the same equipment and firmware that have no problem.

Any updates on this issue?  I have TC8's connected to X50's and G7500's.... Some allow me to remotely bring up the controller and some do not.  Most all of the TC8's are on 4.1.1-211267

NocturnalDC
Attendee

Rebooting the X50s/G7500s in question resolved this issue for me.

twilton
Listener

@NocturnalDC Ok, thank you for the update.  I noticed that some that were having the issue starting working again then others started.  So, I will try a reboot of those and see what happens.  Any chance that you've noticed a pattern of maybe how long they work until they don't?  

NocturnalDC
Attendee

Unfortunately, not something I follow closely so not yet, but it does seem to happen if devices go idle for some time.

I ** just *** figured it out - some of our units IP address changed due to the network team and the TC8 actually reconnected just fine with out any intervention from us!  Check your IP's!   However, some TC8's didn't connect and have to be re-paired.

areisman
Listener

We are experiencing the same issues all over the place. At this time is seems that its mainly affecting android based devices. We are ok with MacOS and Windows. Also it seems that zoom version 5.16 is the problem and so far 5.17 is helping. 

twilton
Listener

@areisman - that's interesting.  I will update a few of my devices and see if that fixes the problem.  I'm curious though if it will reoccur if an updated device sits idle for a while.  

ZoomZoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi guys,

Some/most of these issues might be explained by network/connectivity issues, but then again there could be also a common underlying issue.  Or both.

I would recommend to first review network settings, check if firewall configurations match what is stated here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0065712 

If you are still running into issues, open a ticket with Zoom tech support at https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/contact?id=contact_us and we will be happy to help you troubleshoot it.

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz