cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable display for HDMI local sharing

CharlesTowles
Listener

When setting up the displays in a Zoom Room running on a PC with 3 displays, I am forced to designate one display in each scene for Local HDMI sharing.  I don't have local HDMI sharing enabled, nor do I want to do this.  If I change the configuration to use a designated confidence monitor, the screen for HDMI sharing is removed from the display configuration without issue (but I don't want a confidence monitor).  If I change the configuration to use 2 displays, the requirement for local HDMI sharing ALSO goes away.  Why is this view mandated for a 3 display setup when there is no need for local HDMI sharing?  Where can I turn this off?  It seems like a bug in the administration pages for Zoom Rooms.  Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CharlesTowles
Listener

I was able to resolve this issue by setting the defaults at the organization level and locking the settings.  This seems to have overwritten whatever settings were not getting populated correctly for the individual room.  Not ideal, but fortunately we only have 1 Zoom Room at the moment.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CharlesTowles
Listener

I was able to resolve this issue by setting the defaults at the organization level and locking the settings.  This seems to have overwritten whatever settings were not getting populated correctly for the individual room.  Not ideal, but fortunately we only have 1 Zoom Room at the moment.