cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ring time zoom phone

Jill207
Listener

Hello,

I'm trying to change the ring time for our zoom phones/polycom phones.  We were in a meeting the other day and did not answer the phone. The phone rang about 10 times and then went to the voicemail option.   Can we change the ring time to be 5-6 rings?  
thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi jill207

Ring time can be set for call queues and phone users.  10 seconds is about 4 rings.  you can select 10 seconds, 15 seconds, 20 seconds, 25 seconds, 30 seconds, 45 seconds and 1 minute.

Call Queue

Eliot_0-1694106255531.png

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059862471-Changing-call-queue-settings

Phone User

Eliot_1-1694106255532.png

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059966372-Customizing-call-handling-settings

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

Eliot,

Thanks for your reply.  I do have the max wait time set to 10 seconds as of now thought the call queue but then the calls are routed to the main receptionist line again after that 10 seconds-so it will cylce through about 3-4 times.  We initially had calls ring and then go to voicemail but people were calling in and going directly to voicemail so that was an issue.  

If I have the calls route to a different line after the intitial 10 seconds ring time what should I set that to instead of continuing to call the main receptionist line again and again...thanks!  

Eliot

Hi jill207,

I need a little more information on your auto receptionist, call queue(s) and users.

Auto receptionist – do you have an interactive voice response (ivr) set up to route calls to different call queues such as sales, support and billing?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360021121312-Managing-auto-receptionists

Call queues

are the call queues set up to ring the members of the call queue in a certain manner such as ring call queue members simultaneously, sequentially, longest idle, etc.?

what is the max time a caller will wait in the call queue for one of the call queue members to pick up.

if the call is not answered, what overflow option has been selected such as route to another call queue, route to voice mail, etc.?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360021524831

Users

Users can be members of one or more call queues.

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

Thanks,  eliot

Eliot,

Yes-I have IVR set up for all our voicemails only.  After hours the caller can choose who to leave a message for.  We do not have IVR for business hours.  
Yes-I have it set up for the call queue to ring all of us simultaneously and whoever is available will answer.  

I have it set for 10 seconds for the max time at the moment but then the OVERFLOW is set to ring back to the main receptionist line (basically a big loop again).  

Thanks!

Eliot

hi jill207,

you might increase the max time in the queue to be a longer period of time such as 30 seconds.  this may help get more calls answered before looping back.

thanks, eliot

Eliot,

Thank for this suggestion.  If we are in a meeting and we cannot answer the phone what is your suggestion for it to go to a voicemail instead?  Is there a way to put the calls on do not disturb BUT still ring in and go to a voicemail for a time frame?

thanks

Is there a way to silence the phones for a time period?
thanks

Eliot

hi jill207,

i am not sure how to silence phones for a time period except for calls outside of your scheduled normal working hours.

on the windows client, users can turn off received shared calls which include call queue calls.

Eliot_0-1694121300080.png

for more sophisticated features, you could take a look a power pack and contact center.

i suggest talking to your account team, opening a support ticket and or submitting an enhancement suggestion.

thanks,  eliot

Eliot,

Thank you.  I will open a ticket.