cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reordering call queues

mspiegel
Listener

I had to add another call queue, and I'd like to move it up in the option list (i.e. it's now Press 6 and I'd like it to be Press 4). I couldn't see an option to do that. Anyone know how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @mspiegel 

Ah I understand. There isn't a way to drag and drop or move them sequentially with arrow keys. When you click the Edit button under the current IVR Menu, you will see the list of actions in numerical key order. Click the word Edit to the right of Key number 4, doing so will show what is currently defined for the Key as an Action. 

1. If the current type of Action is not "Forward to Call Queue", click on it and select that from the list. Note that there are options for "Forward to" and "Leave Voicemail to" in the list.
  2. Click in the Target field, and it should pop-up a list of Call Queues defined in your system. 

You will then need to Edit key 6 in the list and set up as it was previously on Key 4.

Does that make sense?

See attachements.

Craig

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

FORE-Craig

HI @mspiegel 

The button to Edit the IVR Menu is below what you previously set up. See attached.

Think about changing the Greeting Prompt to verbally match the change you make to the menu option. 😉 

I hope that helps!

Craig

mspiegel
Listener

Craig-

Thanks. I found the Edit screen, but when I open that it doesn't allow me to re-order the keys. I tried opening each queue but I can't change the key there either.

I'll definitely change the greeting once I figure this out.

FORE-Craig

Hi @mspiegel 

Ah I understand. There isn't a way to drag and drop or move them sequentially with arrow keys. When you click the Edit button under the current IVR Menu, you will see the list of actions in numerical key order. Click the word Edit to the right of Key number 4, doing so will show what is currently defined for the Key as an Action. 

1. If the current type of Action is not "Forward to Call Queue", click on it and select that from the list. Note that there are options for "Forward to" and "Leave Voicemail to" in the list.
  2. Click in the Target field, and it should pop-up a list of Call Queues defined in your system. 

You will then need to Edit key 6 in the list and set up as it was previously on Key 4.

Does that make sense?

See attachements.

Craig

mspiegel
Listener

Yes!! Thank you!

FORE-Craig

Yay! You're welcome! 😊 

Craig