cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

listening to a meeting in navigator without a microphone

Valilou
Listener

Hello ! I want to attend a zoom meeting in my navigator, even if my computer has no microphone. That's not a problem because I only want to listen.

But zoom continues on telling me, every 30 seconds, "your navigator doesn't allow you using your microphone" and interrupts the audio sound ! Then I can only "join the audio by computer" and wait for the next interrruption.

I have no other choice in the settings than one microphone, and it doesn't exist.

I'm unable to follow the meeting with so many interruptions. 

Does someone have a solution please ?

(I hope my English is understandable because I'm French)

2 REPLIES 2

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi Valilou,

I suggest reinstalling zoom android app on your cell phone.  When using the zoom app, zoom should be able to use your cell phone microphone.  During the installation, please permit zoom to use your cell phone microphone.  This should stop the interruptions.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom application - Zoom Support

Other zoom support articles that may be helpful are:

Getting started with Android - Zoom Support

Participant controls in a meeting - Zoom Support

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

Hi Eliot and thanks for taking the time to answer.

Anyway it doesn't match my question because, as I said earlier :

1) I want to use the home computer and not my phone (my choice)

2) I don't want to install the zoom app and want to run zoom in a navigator (my choice)

3) there is no microphone on this computer.

Given this, can I use again Zoom to listen to a meeting as I used to do before on a web navigator on this same computer without a microphone ?