cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone Usage - Sort users by phone usage

mchristen
Listener

What I am hoping to do is find a way to view or export a list of all the Zoom phone users and how much they have used the phone in total minutes. I have exported phone usage data but it does not list totals per user and I think users that have not used the phone at all don't show up.

We have employees who are probably not using Zoom phone because they are not aware they have it and we have other employees who have requested a phone but who probably no longer need it. We need a good way to audit this info. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

newl
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @mchristen ,

As @Arps alluded to in his reply; you will need to utilize Zoom Reporting as well as a combination of things to produce a full accounting of all your Zoom Phone users. I will provide you  basic process I follow when producing meaningful usage reports.

This process will give you a per user "summary" for your overall account usage,  if you need the usage data broken out by each user (i.e who they called and how many times) that is a similar yet different set of steps.

STEP 1: Navigate to Account Management > Reports and then select Phone System for the Usage Reports section. Now you should see 3 sections at the top of the screen. Usage, Charge and Client Code; with Usage selected by default.

STEP 2:   As you want info on your users, make sure to scope the report by selecting the By Users scope and set the date range according to your needs. (NOTE: You can only select a maximum of a 30 day range.)

STEP 3: Now that you have set the scope, and adjust the date range; you will have the data you need to produce a report for one 30-day range. Depending on your needs, make sure to set the "Site" to "Site (All)" in the Details section for a comprehensive list of user data.

STEP 4: Using the Export as CSV File option, create an export for the date range(s) you need for your report

(NOTE: You can utilize the Zoom APi to gather and report out this date but that is a bit out of scope for this post. If there is sufficient interest, I would be willing to consider posting a longer tutorial on using the Zoom API for reporting

STEP 5: Import your CSV file(s) into the spreadsheet of your choice and use the data to summarize the totals per user across all the available categories .

I hope this provides you some insight into getting the information on your Zoom Phone usage, reply if you have any further questions. Otherwise, consider marking this post a "Accept as Solution" so other Zoom Community members may find this solution as well!

Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Arps
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello!  
Check Account Management -> Reports -> Phone System.  There you can run a report and aggregate by users.  This is exportable via CSV as well.

Thank you so much. This is it. I was looking at the logs and not reports. Thanks!

newl

Hello @mchristen ,

As @Arps alluded to in his reply; you will need to utilize Zoom Reporting as well as a combination of things to produce a full accounting of all your Zoom Phone users. I will provide you  basic process I follow when producing meaningful usage reports.

This process will give you a per user "summary" for your overall account usage,  if you need the usage data broken out by each user (i.e who they called and how many times) that is a similar yet different set of steps.

STEP 1: Navigate to Account Management > Reports and then select Phone System for the Usage Reports section. Now you should see 3 sections at the top of the screen. Usage, Charge and Client Code; with Usage selected by default.

STEP 2:   As you want info on your users, make sure to scope the report by selecting the By Users scope and set the date range according to your needs. (NOTE: You can only select a maximum of a 30 day range.)

STEP 3: Now that you have set the scope, and adjust the date range; you will have the data you need to produce a report for one 30-day range. Depending on your needs, make sure to set the "Site" to "Site (All)" in the Details section for a comprehensive list of user data.

STEP 4: Using the Export as CSV File option, create an export for the date range(s) you need for your report

(NOTE: You can utilize the Zoom APi to gather and report out this date but that is a bit out of scope for this post. If there is sufficient interest, I would be willing to consider posting a longer tutorial on using the Zoom API for reporting

STEP 5: Import your CSV file(s) into the spreadsheet of your choice and use the data to summarize the totals per user across all the available categories .

I hope this provides you some insight into getting the information on your Zoom Phone usage, reply if you have any further questions. Otherwise, consider marking this post a "Accept as Solution" so other Zoom Community members may find this solution as well!

Cheers!

Thanks for your detailed reply! I just went through step by step and this is exactly what I am looking for!