cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're Missing Calls! "Signed out - You have been signed out because you signed in on another device

rsclark
Listener

We moved from dialpad to zoom phone under the impression that our license would travel with us as users as we move between devices as is the case on every other tool we use.   We work in two locations on Windows 11  machines running the zoom app different days of the week, and use android phones with the zoom app installed.  We only have two users and we are not cheating licenses.

2023-04-06 15_40_57-Window.png

But now zoom client on Windows 11 constantly/randomly logs itself out quietly, blocking phone calls to our computer.  And it doesn't understand that we are now at location 2 and location 1 can be logged out?  

Is this because each licensed user has zoom phone running on both our office computer and our android phone? 

3 REPLIES 3

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi rsclark,

zoom support article states:

Signing in to Zoom on multiple devices

Last Updated: March 28, 2023

You can be signed in to Zoom on one computer, one tablet, and one phone at a time. If you sign into an additional device while logged into another device of the same type, you will be logged out automatically on the first device. 

Signing in to Zoom on multiple devices – Zoom Support

i think this means that if user 1 was signed into your win 11 computer at loc 1 and then user 1 signed into your win 11 computer at loc 2, your win 11 computer at loc 1 would automatically signout.  at the same time, user 1 could continue to be signed into his/her android zoom app since it is a different device type.

thanks,  eliot

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @rsclark 

Are you saying that when you are logged into the Zoom app on the Windows PC in Location 2, it will spontaneously log you out because the Zoom app on the Windows PC in Location 1 has logged itself back in?

I am wondering if perhaps the Windows PC in Location 1 is periodically waking up and automatically re-connecting to Zoom and logging you out of your current active session at Location 2. There is that "Keep me signed in" option on the sign-in screen which you may want to uncheck. 

I hope that helps!

Yes, it is true that you can only be logged into one session at a time on a particular type of device. 

Craig

I think you were right.  It was waking up for various background tasks and I had "stay logged in" selected it seems.  I'll be testing the issue in the workweek.