cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting away from Zoom into Verizon

jwhittenburg
Listener

I was able to get all the information I needed to port my Zoom number to Verizon. I have the Verizon phone with a number that is activated. I can make calls out from this phone and the caller ID says it is the same number I had with Zoom. Unfortunately, I can't receive calls or texts. All incoming calls and texts are still going to the same phone number at Zoom. Will this issue be resolved with time, or do I need to do something in Zoom to make this issue stop?

2 REPLIES 2

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi jwhittenburg,

When you port your number from one service provider (Zoom Phone) to another service provider (Verizon), the porting process requires an entry in the NPAC database showing calls to your telephone number should be routed to your new service provider.  The porting process is starting by the acquiring service provider (Verizon).  Maybe, Verizon did not complete the porting process.  Based on what you indicate, Verizon is your new carrier.  You should let Verizon know that you are not receiving calls or texts. 

Zoom Phone has a free carrier lookup in the number porting screen.  Assuming you still have Zoom Phone, you can lookup your number to see what carrier is assigned.  ADMIN->Phone System Management->Phone Numbers->Port Number->Check Portability.  You can enter the number ported to Verizon, click Check Portability and the system will return the current service provider name.

Eliot_0-1686570632607.png

If your number is not assigned to Verizon, you should let Verizon know.  You can also google one of the free carrier lookup services to see what they show for your telephone number.  Not sure how up to date these free services are.

FCC article explains the porting process.

Porting: Keeping Your Phone Number When You Change Providers | Federal Communications Commission (fc...

thanks,  eliot

Eliot

Hi jwhittenburg,

i forgot to mention that you should follow the zoom support article about porting away from zoom.

Porting away from Zoom Phone – Zoom Support

thanks, eliot