cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLD SCHOOL TECH HELP

smartalex
Listener

Hey, I grew up with analog dial phones. I see NO info anywhere on how to set up a phone on my end, if I sign up for ZOOM Phone.  I have an old analog desk phone. so IF I sign up for Zoom Phone, can I use it and if so, what am I connecting to? Modem? Router? Computer? What? OR, do I have to buy a phone.  Also, I do interviews via phone using a telephone interface. Can I use it?

Alex Stan

3 REPLIES 3

crissyd
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

@smartalex What desk phone are you using? Please see this article about Zoom Phone Certified Hardware to see the list of supported phone devices for Zoom Phone.

At the moment I am using a copper wire phone using J 11 plug that plugs into a modem JR11 jack supplied by the cable company. I assume that a regular phone won't work...and probably not my JK Audio Broadcast Host Telephone Hybrid.  I need a phone system with good quality audio. Both use RJ11 jacks.

AlexStan

I am no longer interested in Zoom Phone.  How about explaining everything about the Zoom Phone in a every day common language that normal people can understand. I saw the "approved phones." It's Greek to me.