cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I assign multiple phone numbers to a single user?

emilymcgrath1
Listener

I have a user who wants to make calls from certain area codes depending on who he is calling (he is a Business Development Representative). Can I assign multiple phone numbers to a single user?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @emilymcgrath1 ,

Yes, you absolutely can. He can then just select the Outgoing Caller ID when he makes the call. He can define one of them as the Default for Caller ID on his Zoom Web Portal profile.  See attachments.

You attach the phone number to the User in the Zoom Web Portal user Admin > Phone System Management > Phone Numbers > Unassigned.

I hope that helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

FORE-Craig

Hi @emilymcgrath1 ,

Yes, you absolutely can. He can then just select the Outgoing Caller ID when he makes the call. He can define one of them as the Default for Caller ID on his Zoom Web Portal profile.  See attachments.

You attach the phone number to the User in the Zoom Web Portal user Admin > Phone System Management > Phone Numbers > Unassigned.

I hope that helps!

Craig

Can that person RECEIVE calls from all of those numbers? In MY case I have to make outbound calls to 3 different States; if a client misses my call I want them to be able to call that number back and be able to reach me. Also, will I know which number is calling?

FORE-Craig

Hi @Runway25 

Yes, you will be able to Receive calls on those same numbers assigned to the User Account. The way that the incoming appears will depend upon whether you use the Zoom desktop app, mobile app, or a desk phone. In general it should show whether the call came in through direct phone number, extension, or by virtue of you being in a Call Queue.

I hope that helps!

Craig

Thank you so much @FORE-Craig for your fast response! 

To clarify I don't really need to "know" which number they are using to call me back as long as I get the call (rings in my zoom).

I am mostly using the Zoom desktop app in order to call my clients. So if I am calling a client in NC I need to use my NC number, and if my very next client is in SC, I need to be able to select the  number I'm calling from (in this case SC) and dial from there. So that clients see the proper number in their caller ID when I call them.

And then if 3 clients call me from 3 different states using the state-specific number, I need all of those to ring to me. 

So if I am understanding correctly, this will work the way I need it to work. If so, THANK YOU!! I need to purchase those extra phone numbers today 🙂 

Runway25_0-1683845814597.png

Is this where I would see my numbers and where I would click in order to change the number I am calling from? @FORE-Craig 

Thanks again!!

FORE-Craig

Hi @Runway25 

It's exactly that. The dropdown will show direct phones that are assigned to you, as well as your company main number, phones numbers assigned to Call Queues, and Shared Line Groups that you are apart of.

I hope that helps!

Craig

It absolutely helps! Thank you SO MUCH, @FORE-Craig , you are truly a Rockstar!! 

FORE-Craig

You're welcome! 😊

Craig

FORE-Craig

Hi Emily,

If my previous response resolved your issue, please mark it by clicking Accept as Solution; that way others will be able to reference it if they have the same question! 

Thank you!

Craig

Thanks Craig! 

FORE-Craig

You're welcome, Emily! 😊 

Craig