cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling in after hours to leave a voicemail

Jill207
Listener

Hello,

I'm trying to see what the steps are for customers to leave a voicemail under a certain extension of ours when they call in after hours or on Holiday hours?  I set up names and greetings for each of our extensions but what does the customer hear when they call in after hours?  Are they giving a list of names or options to hit?
Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Jill207 

After Hours calling configurations are set up for each extension.

if you have your main company number’s Business Hours set to something other than 24 hours every day, You get this option presented:

Ray_Harwood_0-1683906603628.jpeg

If you click Edit next to Route to Voicemail (or whatever yours is set to), you have the option to change the after hours routing;

Ray_Harwood_1-1683906853589.jpeg

From there, the possibilities are endless – you choose how you want it to flow. Personally, I recommend setting up a specific IVR to handle after hours calls, and turn off the initial greeting. 

Setting up the individual numbers has similar options; in general they are unable to specify IVR and some other special handling, but they can forward their call to an IVR extension. 

Ray_Harwood_2-1683907247018.jpeg

The many options do require exploration and testing. I find it helpful to have a “spare” number (for only $5/month) to experiment with, then once you have a setup that works, you can replicate it in your main line with minimal disruption. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !