cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Outgoing calls -

RyanLe
Listener

I want to block outgoing calls from certain extensions/common area phones? but i want them to be able to call internal extensions only? 

also can i block international calls on certain extensions? 

5 REPLIES 5

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi ryanle,

please check with zoom support.  the following suggestions may work for you.

do not assign calling plans to users only permitted to make internal cals.

To restrict international calling to certain countries, please see

Enabling or disabling international calling - Zoom Support

Do not turn on International calling outside of calling plan.

Eliot_0-1707148576972.png

Only assign domestic calling plans to users that you permit to make outgoing domestic calls. 

those users permitted to make international calls could be assigned international calling plans.

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

RyanLe
Listener

removing the call package wont work. or you cannot give a phone or common area phone an Extension. 

Eliot

hi ryanle,

you can setup zoom phone extensions without calling plans (basic).  extensions without calling plans are limited to making and receiving internal calls and 911 calls.  please see support article below.

Zoom Phone feature comparison by platform

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0066529

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

hi - see attached - internal calls with a calling plan wont work . 

Eliot

hi ryanle,

because my account has zoom phone basic licenses (migrated), i cannot verify this.  

i am pretty sure you can use zoom phone basic licenses to make and receive internal calls.  i think the caption is slightly misworded. It should have said make calls to internal AND external numbers.  i did an installation for 400 users a little over a year ago and basic licenses permitted making and receiving internal calls.

easy way to confirm this is to add a new zoom phone user without assigning a calling plan.  the user should show a basic license.  you can test by calling internal extensions.

thanks,  eliot