cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom recording

orencd
Listener

I entered a meeting through the website client, and recorded it. The meeting is over and i cant find the recording. where is it saved, the other person in the meeting says he doesn't have it either because i was the one who started recording. How can i get the recording?
It is very important to me, much appreciated

3 REPLIES 3

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

There are two kinds of Zoom recordings:

• Zoom Cloud recordings. These kind of recordings always go to the host’s Zoom cloud storage regardless of who pressed the record button.
  • Local Zoom Recordings. These kind of recordings go on to the local hard drive of the person who pressed record.

By default, local recordings will be placed in following directory:

• Windows: C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Zoom
  • Mac: /Users/[Username]/Documents/Zoom
  • Linux: home/[Username]/Documents/Zoom

Here is a link to a Zoom support article that explains this in more detail.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0058006 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Hi,
I have a mac and the recording is not in the location you mentioned, nor anywhere else on the computer. Is it possible that the recording was not saved because i entered the call through zoom's chrome client?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @orencd if you went through the Zoom Web Client and not the Zoom Desktop Client, you'd only be able to cloud record from the Zoom Web Client.

If you're a licensed user and are able to cloud record, please go to https://zoom.us/recording for your processed cloud recordings. 

If you're a basic user, unfortunately there is a possibility you did not record locally. IF on the Zoom Web Client within your web browser.

You also said, "Zoom's Chrome Client", which if you're on ChromeOS e.g., a Chromebook, local recording is not supported, only cloud recording. More info within the knowledge base article on Getting started with the Zoom web client

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!