cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen share

JEJ
Listener

Hi, I know there is currently no option to share with an android phone only an iPhone/tablet.  Will the option to share with android phones/tablets be available in the future.  I couldn't find an answer anywhere I've searched.

New to the community hoping to learn more for my presenting my on-line classes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @JEJ 

The functionality you mention for iPhone is something developed by the Apple team, which Zoom is able to use as well. Since there exist no similar functionality built by Google for Android phones, there is no way for Zoom to have that same feature for Android devices. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @JEJ, we have a great article on Sharing your screen for Android! Also, double-check you meet all these Prerequisites and Notes: 

• Android Zoom Version: 5.0.0 or higher
  • Ensure that you have Android 10.0 or higher.
  • Some of these options can be disabled in your account settings, under Integrations.
  • For Free/Basic accounts, screen sharing is set to Only Host by default. So if you're a participant, you will need to ask the host to give you privileges. 
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi RN, thanks for the above.  I don't think this is the solution I was asking for.  I run my classes via my laptop and wanted to know if there are plans to be able to share from a android phone in the same way that we can currently share from an iphone.

thanks

Bort

Hi @JEJ 

The functionality you mention for iPhone is something developed by the Apple team, which Zoom is able to use as well. Since there exist no similar functionality built by Google for Android phones, there is no way for Zoom to have that same feature for Android devices.