cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Zoom optimized audio" overwrites both "Original sound for musicians" and "Live performance audio"

Spex
Listener

In the audio settings on mac (multiple mac versions, multiple zoom versions) under the Audio Profile if you click on "Zoom optimized audio", (Auto, Medium, and High) options seem to drop out any music that is being played as "background noise" however if you switch over to "Original sound for musicians" there is no change in the sound even through the "Zoom optimized audio" radio button is no longer selected. If you click on Auto and then switch to "Original sound for musicians" the "Zoom Optimized audio" settings are overriding the "Original sound for musicians". Whereas if you click on "Low" under "Zoom Optimized audio" then switch to "Original sound for musicians" the music being played over zoom does not seem to drop. However its unclear that "Original sound for musicians" is even working / making a difference. The "Live performance audio" also does not seem to change the audio being sent to zoom. Also under the Video -> Advanced Settings the "Optimize quality of the video I send with de-noise" does not seem to change the music getting dropped either. 

4 REPLIES 4

Dirkster_30
Listener

Having encountered the same problem, I'm unable to disable the noise suppression as well. Despite trying the "Zoom Optimized audio" and "Original sound for musicians" settings, they appear to be ineffective.

brianj
Listener

I think I'm having the same problem, which started two days ago:

- The "Original Sound for Musicians" button has disappeared

- I can switch to original sound in the audio settings menu but music still drops out. I can't get music with any setting.

What has changed?

bpmusic
Listener

The developers essentially broke the original sound for musician feature a while back and have no intention of fixing it.

The setting to enable original sound does not have any effect directly on the sound, all it does is enable a button in the meeting to turn original sound on.  This has to be done by both users for every meeting, every time.  There is no longer a way to leave it on be default.   

So the 'solution' is to turn on original sound in the settings window, and then in each meeting turn on original sound from the video meeting window as well.  

There's a long thread about it here: https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Original-Sound-by-Default/td-p/82944/page/3

The developers' response to this common request from musicians is basically "drop dead." 

TangerineSt
Listener

Bigger problem here: "Original sound ON/OFF" doesn't affect the sound in my sessions anymore. Including the situation when everyone has it "ON". Seems like a bug in the new version. Zoom became useless for my music needs and my friends. Waiting for the update that fixes that!  Can I please get an answer from someone at Zoom when the update comes?