cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration issue for Zoom event - can anyone help?

krishn
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner
Hello, Community Members

I am setting a meeting for a non-profit event, with registration. The registration includes "role" as one registration parameter. And a registrant, with the same email address, can hold more than one role. Ex Mr A can be officer and VP. 
The problem that I have is, when Mr A registers first as officer, and then re-registers as VP, it seems that the last registration overwrites the first one, in the registration report.

Is there a way I can set up meeting registration, and allow a registrant, with more than one role, to register more than once? FYI, event is for a non-profit election event, and we are looking to identify count of officers in attendance via the Zoom report, for election purpose.  And as mentioned above, one registrant is holding more than one role.

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ccameron
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@krishn,

Instead of multiple answers, the work around would be to set up two separate custom short answer questions:

Q1: Please enter your role

Q2: Additional roles if any (please input "none" if only 1 role)

Does that help?

If this answers your question, please accept as solution. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ccameron

Hello @krishn,

You're able to add a custom registration question. I'd recommend adding an additional question or field for "secondary role". This way registrants are able to give multiple "role" answers while only registering 1 time.

Steps for setting up custom registration is below:

Webinar registration: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202835649-Customizing-webinar-registration

Meeting registration: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/211579443-Scheduling-a-meeting-with-registration

Does that help?

krishn
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hello @ccameron

Thank you for sharing the link. Unfortunately, it didn't help. The option "Multiple answers" is for webinars only; the event is being run as a Zoom meeting, and not webinar. There is no corresponding option to set "type of answer" as "Multiple answers" at time of setting up the Registration section. I have attached a  snapshot of the registration window as reference.

ccameron

@krishn,

Instead of multiple answers, the work around would be to set up two separate custom short answer questions:

Q1: Please enter your role

Q2: Additional roles if any (please input "none" if only 1 role)

Does that help?

krishn
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

@ccameron 

Thank you for this work around - yes, it does help 🙂