cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i turn off participants join sound (doorbell) when i'm not host or co-host?

swyly
Listener

i found it's very disturbing to me when i need to listen to it hundreds of times in big meetings.

13 REPLIES 13

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi,

Login to zoom.us and Under Personal -> Settings -> Meetings, turn off Sound settings.

sachinzoom_0-1682578628557.png

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

that does not work. I was also informed by your help chat that only works if i'm host. 

willjoe2442
Participant

how do i turn off participants join sound (doorbell) when i'm not host or co-host? i found it's very disturbing to me when i need to listen to it hundreds of times in big meetings. Hi, Login to zoom.us and Under Personal -> Settings -> Meetings, turn off Sound settings.

Regards,

Will

are you referring to this? If you do, that does not work. I was informed by zoom help chat that this only works if i'm host.

swyly_0-1682605149462.png

sachinzoom

Hi @swyly @willjoe2442 

Yes this feature for the meetings you host. So, Please ask hosts to turn off this feature or customize it so only they can hear the sound notifications.

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

i said in my questions "when i'm not host" so i dont need a solution that ONLY works when i'm the host, lol my zoon is through the company i work for, so i could not ask my boss or bosses' boss or people even higher to turn it off, can you provide me some other solutions or submit feedback to your engineers? i hope this is not too much of an ask for a feature for non host to have

My dog has a panic attack every time he hears this sound. I'm in 6-12 non-admin zoom meetings a day. I'm wearing headphones. I'm not going to tell the CEO and CTO of my company to shut off the sounds for me, I literally have no choice. PLEASE make this a non-admin setting for the local playing of the doorbell. Chat software from the 90's had this popular option. PLEASE.

atarassico
Listener

Solved: you need to open the Participants panel in the Zoom meeting itself. Then click on "more" and there you can disable the "Play Join and Leave sound". Super annoying.

thanks for sharing. unfortunately only host can see that option.

Yep came here from a google search, looking for an answer to the same problem, seems like zoom just doesn't support this for whatever reason.

I'm so glad you noticed the same thing i did, I would hope this should be an easy feature for them to develop

pgm
Listener

This is beyond irritating. I want to turn off ALL notification and dings as a default. I'll turn them on if I need them. I am changing all of my meeting to Teams simply for this reason. 

lucky you, i schedule all my meeting on Teams too however don't know how to convince colleagues to do the same...