cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change login type

Odeds
Listener

Hi.

right now in order to login I enter via my FB account, is there a way to change it to Email + password? if I press forgot password - it sent me to enter via my FB account.

many thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Odeds signing up/signing in with a Google or Facebook account is just another sign-in method we provide As a workaround, If you go to Zoom.us/signup and proceed with the signup process you will be assigned Zoom login credentials which you can use to still access your Zoom account.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

zoomer82
Listener

@RN This issue sent me circling around and around my zoom account for the last couple of weeks as I needed to get off of the Google Auth login and into email + pw. I suggest escalating this very backwards/illogical method for adding login methods to Zoom's Product Team responsible for Accounts & Profiles. 

The Account Settings / Profile / Privacy, sections list nothing about this solution and it's very atypical to SIGN UP in order to add a new login method to an EXISTING account. Shame on me for not checking support earlier, but...

MSB
Listener

Concur, I have the same issue where Zoom is using Google to log me in, but that prevents me from giving my assistant access to the account so that she can schedule meetings for me. We already paid for an account that is all setup, I just need the login method to change. There must be a way to switch the login method to username/email + pw.

NicholeM42
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi There! 

When you're signed in, you can view which sign-in methods are set up on the Profile page, under the Sign In section. It is possible to have more than one sign-in method.

It is also possible that some of those options may be disabled by an admin for the entire account. That means, if you're not the account owner and are instead a user on a larger business account, you may have to confirm internally first.

There are five sign-in methods that you can use to access Zoom: 

• Work Email: Standard email and password login unique to Zoom.
  • Single Sign-On (SSO): Sign in with your company credentials. 
  • Apple: Sign in with authentication from your Apple account.
  • Google: Sign in with authentication from your Google account. 
  • Facebook: Sign in with authentication from your Facebook account.

I hope this helps! Here is a link to the full support article: 
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362563-Changing-the-email-associated-with-your-account

MSB
Listener

I appreciate the attempt, but this did not solve the problem. The hiccup for me appears to stem from this requirement on the support article: "An email address that does not already exist in Zoom."

When I click "Edit" on my login methods, it asks me for a valid Google or Facebook account. When I enter my work email (the one associated with our paid account) it tells me that gmail is already associated to an account... which... of course it is. I would like to use that email to sign-in with the "Work Email" method. Since that gmail account is already in the system it does not permit me to edit the login method.  When I try my personal email - thinking maybe I can just let my assistant login with that as the username Zoom rejects it again because I created a personal, free Zoom account with that email ages ago. At bottom, I still do not see any means of adding the "Work Email" sign-in method to an account already set for "Google" sign-in. I would be just as content to terminate the "Google" sign-in method and ONLY log-in with email+password (rather than both), but I see no way to accomplish that.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @MSB , you can certainly add other login methods, in addition to the Google login method you already use. 

1. Sign out of your Zoom account.
  2. Go to the Zoom site from your browser.
  3. Click on Sign Up, It's Free.
  4. In the For verification, please confirm your date of birth. page, enter your date of birth.
  5. In the Sign Up free page, enter the same email as your Google login, then click Sign Up.
  6. Go to your email and click on the confirmation link sent to you.
  7. Click on Activate Account in the email.
    The system will automatically merge your 2 login methods, and now you can use either the Google option or just your own unique email/password login handled by Zoom. 

Hope that helps!

Having the same issue! Ha! Funny that such a simple solution to a dumb problem

MSB
Listener

@Bort !! You've solved it! Success! thanks! This worked perfectly