cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom will not install on iMac OS Ventura

Sneekerjam
Listener

I have downloaded the latest Zoom app from the website, but whenever I try to install it says "The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance"

But Zoom has no technical support unless you are a paid customer. I guess freebies get no help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gabriella_UpNxt
Listener

They don't support paying customers either - except through email - which they don't respond to. Try this fix: drag the installer from your downloads folder into your applications folder and then try to install it. This installed it on my Mac with an M2 chip, running ventura 13.4.1 - - HOWEVER - the log in doesn't work for me. Soooo I don't know what to do ... 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Gabriella_UpNxt
Listener

They don't support paying customers either - except through email - which they don't respond to. Try this fix: drag the installer from your downloads folder into your applications folder and then try to install it. This installed it on my Mac with an M2 chip, running ventura 13.4.1 - - HOWEVER - the log in doesn't work for me. Soooo I don't know what to do ... 

OMG Gabriella, it worked!👏 

I'm running Venture 13.5.1. I did as you suggested, moved the ZoomInstaller pkg from my downloads into my Applications folder.  I ran the Installer App - now when I click on the Zoom icon my Mac shows, "You can’t open the application “zoom.us.app” because this application is not supported on this Mac." 😩

Sneekerjam
Listener

Gabriella,

You rock... It worked

Chris