cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Translated Captions not working on Mac (new or old)

jhollowell
Listener

I have purchased the Zoom Translated Captions option for my Zoom Pro plan. I updated to the latest version of Zoom (5.15.3) thinking that maybe my older version (slightly) of Zoom was the root of the problem but...apparently that was not the case. 

I cannot get Captions to work 😞 I enabled everything via the web interface per the instructions found at the link below:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/6643133682957

When I open a new Zoom room, there is no little caret next to the "Captions" button at the bottom of the screen. When I click on the "Captions" button all is see is (see attached screenshot).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

5 REPLIES 5

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

When you purchase an add-on, you must assign it to a user (even if it is for yourself).

Have you done this?

Here are the Zoom support instructions for assigning an add on to a user

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004976063-Assigning-Zoom-licenses 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Yes, sorry, I should have included that in the list of things that I have done. I did assign it to myself. The area in my billing section indicates that the add on is active and assigned to me with status indicated as "Active."

KarriGB
Listener

Did you turn it 'on' in your settings? I had that problem. I suggest going into your desktop version of your account, go to Settings, Meetings (Advanced), and scroll waaaaay down. There is an on/off switch there which must be turned on in order for the translated captions to work.  Don't know why they don't tell you that when you pay for it. (eyeroll)

Luciamartyn
Listener

I understand your frustration with getting the Zoom Translated Captions option to work. It can be frustrating when features don't work as expected. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow to try and resolve the issue; Check Plan Compatibility, Verify Account Level Settings, Meeting Settings, Update Zoom Client, Try a Different Browser or Device or Clear Cache and Cookies. If none of these steps resolve the issue, reaching out to Zoom support would be your best course of action. They will be able to provide tailored assistance and investigate the problem more deeply.

Oh believe me... I have reached out to Zoom support!! They are very friendly, but not very helpful. They send links that don't address the problem you describe.

But I appreciate your suggestions and I will try some of the things you have listed with regards to updating Zoom and clearing the cache. (Obviously the other ones such as verifying my plan type and settings have been done, as I described.)