cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Linux SDK audio recording not working

sucharitha
Listener

Hi Team, we are working on integrating our app with linux sdk and running into issues with accessing the zoom audio raw data

As per documentation, we have followed the below sequence of steps
1.Pre init- set the auth token,

2. implement an instance of the audio raw data callback ZoomSDKAudioRawDataDelegate
3. After recording privilege changed ->startRawRecording, getAudioRawDataHelperfor managing subscription and call subscribe event

Even though all the calls mentioned in the steps above result in ZoomSDKError_Success, the audio stream callbacks functions are never called. Log statements written within the functions onMixedAudioRawDataReceived and onOneWayAudioRawDataReceived never appear on the terminal.

Meanwhile the app works, we can interact with it, and perform all operations like join, leave, however the audio stream data is not there.

A few interesting logs we observed were
ALSA lib control.c:1379:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL
ALSA lib pcm.c:2642:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM

We are running the following experiment on linux centos amazon ec2 vm instance with latest linux SDK 5.15.12 . Note:this instance does not have any physical hardware sound drivers.We have installed the pulse audio setup on machine.

4 REPLIES 4

Rakka
Listener

I'm having the same issue, using WSL on Ubuntu 20.24. Followed all the steps to get raw audio data but no audio buffer kicks in. It seems like there is a problem when the SDK try to read the alsa config file, because it usually come with name like `Unknown PCM <something>` while in our cases the 'something' is just a blank space.

I already submit my feedback to zoom, hopefully the dev teams can fix the problem.

RÖKVKNSÖKLDVlK har tid och bevakar 

tokue som du har varit och handlat och jag 

Eoaj och ursäkta att du har varit på plats i 

Youtube och bevakarna iOS 

roll för mig att jag har tid att 

jag har varit i kontakt och jag 

Alltså det var inte så mycket för att 

kontakt boken RÖKVKNSÖKLDVl

hi  ok han har tid så att jag har varit