cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZOOM KICKS ME OFF OF MY AUDIO MIXER!!!!

IKIPianoman
Listener

I HAVE BEEN USING ZOOM FOR 2 YEARS AND SUCCESFULLY TEACHING CLASSES ONLINE.    RECENTLY I HAVE GOTTEN A MESSAGE AS I AM TEACHING SAYING SOMETHING LIKE THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH MY AUDIO AND THEN IT SIMPLY KICKS MY MIXER OFF OF ZOOM AND ALSO TAKES THE SETTING FOR MY MIXER OFF OF MY COMPUTER SO THAT THE ONLY WAY TO RESET THIS IS TO LEAVE THE ROOM AND START OVER.    THIS IS ABSOLUTELY. UNACCEPTABLE.    HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM?    I CAN'T TALK WITH A HUMAN BEING ABOUT THIS.    IS THERE A WAY TO PAY FOR SOME TECHNICAL SUPPORT ON ZOOM?

4 REPLIES 4

ExpertswhoJohn
Community Champion | Customer

Are you on Windows 11. I have had an audio device stop working. I switched to another audio source and back again, and the problem was fixed. It has been suggested on other forums to ensure there is not any additional sound software.
In the windows sound properties to disable any audio enhancements.

Hi,

Has this issue been solved?  I don't think so.  I'm hearing that it might be a driver issue.  Zoom does not accept ASIO drivers being sent from the digital mixer.  

I wonder if Zoom developers know of this issue and are working on it?  Any help from you would be appreciated.

PeterD

Can anyone tell us what audio mixers are certified for use during meetings and webinars?

ExpertswhoJohn

It is not being certified with Zoom. As zoom can only use the devices available from Windows.
So the question is whether your audio device is certified by Windows 11 and if the drivers for it are up to date with the version of Windows you are using.

Connections and disconnections are made by windows and just accepted by Zoom.

That is how I can plug in a USB headset device which is then recognised by Windows, and then Zoom will switch to that device.
So please ensure your audio device works on Windows. See what happens when you unplug and plug it in. Does Windows correctly see it as a device for both speaker and microphone?