cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZOOM App; "403 PERMISSION_DENIED"

sjolars
Listener

Hi,

When I start my Zoom App I get this: "403 PERMISSION_DENIED". Why? And what to do?

//Lars

14 REPLIES 14

mklcolvin
Listener

Same here!  This is on macOS 14.2 on up.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi there @sjolars @mklcolvin

Please completely uninstall/reinstall the Zoom application using the steps outlined here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0065146

Let me know if that works!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hello CarlaA,

Sorry, but it doesn't work after uninstall and reinstall. The text; "403 PERMISSION DENIED" is still there. 

Regards

Lars

I did uninstall/reinstall the Zoom application per your link, with the same result.

As you can see, we all followed your advise to no avail.  What next?  

Hi CarlaA, I too have installed and re-intalled zoom and I am still getting this error. Do you have another suggestion?

This is such the wrong answer, and this the text book non-solution answer provided by your chat staff. Geesh!

Here's the fix. It's a Zoom Calendar issue with the Client, even with the most updated version as of 3/19/24.

Go to your zoom account on your web browser.

Click the "Connect calendar" and follow the prompts to connect your calendar. I use Goggle for this

Close Zoom Client and reopen it.

Voila!

It's a shame Zoom Support couldn't tell me this. 

Thank you Anastasia!  You are a genius and a scholar.  Worked perfectly.  

Thank you very much Anastatia,

Regards

Lars

THANK YOU!  This seems to be exactly the fix, and probably is, but the process wouldn't complete.  This is probably a gmail setting in Workspace.  I'll poke around.

Using the hints here (the exact steps didn’t work for me), I deleted the connection between Zoom & my Google account, went into the Zoom app, and reconnected - same issue.  I then tried again, selecting ONLY access to Calendar, but NOT the Google Contacts, and it worked!  Hope this info helps someone else!

Cool. I was curious about that. I did link both and it worked for me, but I agree it may not work for some. 
I'm just happy we were able to find a fix and share with others 😍

lauri_schindler
Listener

Same here.

hallintokyo
Listener

Me too