cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Didn't Zoom Record?

Casey-Cayce
Listener

I just spent 3 hours on a Zoom legal deposition.  I set Zoom to record on the cloud and locally.  During the meeting there was a red, blinking light indicating it was recording, but when the meeting ended, there was no file in either place.  Either it didn't record, or I can't find the file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Casey-Cayce How long did you wait before checking the cloud?  The recording actually has to process on the backend, and a link would be sent to you once it is done processing.  If you had a 3 hour recording, it can take a while (an hour is not unrealistic) to format before it is available.

Casey-Cayce
Listener

Thanks for getting back to me, Colegs.  I saw something regarding that, but it indicated there should be the name of the file, with a message that it's still processing.  Is it possible there won't be any indication of the file until it's finished?

willjoe2442
Participant

In the top-right corner, click your profile picture, then click Settings. Click the Audio tab. In the Speaker section, click Test Speaker to play a test tone. If you cannot hear it, select a different speaker from the drop-down menu or adjust the Volume

Regards,

Wil