cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT IS POLICY OF BULLYING HARASSMENT DOGPILING ON DISABLED during Zoom? Host Ignores

JBK1960
Listener

What is Zoom policy/directions on active bullying harassment dogpiling on disabled?
I have raised this. I raise valid points and experience and then I am called Troll attacked abused threatened my disability and experience history used against me.
I have sent an email to the Host before privately informing him, although he already knows I am severe disabled and serious PTSD with incredible incapacities. I am still active to address and stop same things from happening and will stand up to any contributor to suggests abuse or violence - that's when I get into trouble or if my disability experience goes against others politics religious views etc.

Today is has been horrendous. Still going on in background and I am severely dogpiled on.

It takes a lot for me to participate and take part. and also they now know my name and openly say they will track me down and find out all about me.

I have had this before and had to leave home

Host is either ignorant or apathetic.

Disabled Women and Elderly get driven off going out out of their own towns and streets clubs and events and venues and now online Or we are tracked down and harassed again 

After the private email I am thinking of a Legal Letter regarding Disability Hate and Harassment to the Host and his responsibility 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Arkangelo
Listener

Zoom supports the free and open exchange of thoughts and ideas. We are proud to facilitate meaningful conversations and professional collaboration around the world. Zoom provides a high-quality portal to domestic and cross-border communication that, in some places, might not otherwise take place. Below is a guide to the standards of behavior we expect of all our users.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Arkangelo
Listener

I am still developing my understanding of how it works.

I know legally my personal rights and the duty and obligations of any employer, host, organisation leader to providing a safe and healthy environment and uphold Equality Law and Disability Discrimination Act etc to be free of discrimination.

But I would like to know Zoom'zs policies and directives.  which should be here somewhere 

I am exhausted and upset by this.  Not the first time  Unfortunatley although I redact my name to my initials JBK and have blank screen my name came up this time. so everyone knows it and I already have been on the end of so much hate Its horrific, driven off local Facebook sites and groups and even own interest groups such as disabled, women survivors etc and told I deserve my disability and assault

This is Criminal. yet anyone can so and say what they want online. Zoom must have a policy and directions regarding hosts management and responsibility 

Yeah  I think this is now esclated to a joint letter to both host and Zoom. 

I have found the Terms and Conditions and going through the micro print on that and also they have Compliance certificates.  

So finding the right policy and terminology to refer to when compiling my letter. 
I know how to do it, but how many times do people of a vulnerable group and diversity have to do this.  Its our daily chore  - and I don't get caught up in the small stuff 

Arkangelo
Listener

I'm not directly affiliated with Zoom, but I can offer some general information on dealing with harassment and bullying on online platforms like Zoom.

Arkangelo
Listener

Zoom supports the free and open exchange of thoughts and ideas. We are proud to facilitate meaningful conversations and professional collaboration around the world. Zoom provides a high-quality portal to domestic and cross-border communication that, in some places, might not otherwise take place. Below is a guide to the standards of behavior we expect of all our users.

Where is the Guide?  Were you attaching something?  I am going through the micro print policies and conditions but I am disabled partially blind and have strokes so its difficult.  so its all very upsetting. and pointless and ridiculous because nothing gets done and it remains the same. Just looked back on my previous correspondence and it could not have been plainer to the host 😞  and the dangers distress causes me. 

JBK1960
Listener

WOW! That is the answer to all misogyny all disability hate  its open to diverse views and opinions.  
social media and online do not support ot protect women disabled and mot vulnerable from abuse and hate. in fact it removes them instead and defames them.   Just met and talked to another disabled who came off and dos not do online forums or social media because of the hate, it is horrific. 

Scared
Listener

During a zoom meeting my life was threatened. I would like to request an audio copy of that call so that I can obtain a restraining order. Please let me know the process of obtaining this record and how far long your records are held.