cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemeeter Banana + Stream Deck = Stream Deck sound on Zoom?

Bonez
Listener

Hi Guys

I have a Elgato Stream Deck and I got it for the purpose of sound effects. It works perfectly fine on Discord, Audacity, everything except Zoom.

I am using Voicemeeter Banana to route my Stream Deck sounds through my mic (which is hooked up to a mixer). When in a Zoom call I'm obviously using my Voicemeeter input which has my Mic and Stream Deck, the meeting members can hear my mic fine but cannot hear my sound effects played from my Stream Deck.

Anyone else having this problem?

1 REPLY 1

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

If you don't have 'original sound for musicians' enabled, Zoom is going to filter out non-speech via software audio processing (background noise suppression, etc). Can you try enabling 'original sound for musicians' and confirm whether or not the issue persists?

If this doesn't work, double-check your VB-Banana routing and ensure that both your mic AND the sound effects are being routed to the correct virtual output and that said virtual output is being routed to Zoom as a microphone input. You're in the very messy world of virtual audio routing where a million things can go wrong and everything needs to be checked!