cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal Group Meeting

DBTeensNH
Listener

Hi,

I am using my Branded Landing Page as a meeting portal of sorts with links to all of my users personalized meeting links.  However, I would also like to have a group meeting link that any one of my users could start a meeting with and outside users can click on the same link (without knowing who started the meeting) and join.  This is for a weekly meeting kind of thing where any one of my users may be the host and it would avoid having to schedule/notify all outside users which user link to click on in order to join that week's meeting.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @DBTeensNH —

My first response is – that’s not how Zoom works. But there are ways around this, if you are a bit creative. 

My first recommendation is to create a Meeting with Join Before Host set to True (checked), but be sure to set this to be a recurring meeting starting at a specific time of day. See this Zoom Support article on setting up a Join Before Host, and be sure to designate how many minutes early they can join — otherwise people will be joining at all hours of the day and night!

Another possibility is to set up Scheduling Privilege for some/all of your managers. This allows everyone who has “exchanged permissions” (a loose term for what occurs) to start another person’s meeting – like an  alternate host. See this Zoom Support article on Scheduling Privilege. 

There are probably other ways … but one of those two should get the job done, or give you other ideas. 

The downside to this is that anyone who can see your web page can get into your meeting. My security recommendation would be to set a meeting Passcode, but don’t include the Passcode on your web page – disseminate that to everyone who is authorized to attend in advance. “Here’s the Passcode – 99876 – use the link in the landing page “… something like that. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

DBTeensNH
Listener

Hey Ray,

Thanks for the ideas.  I'm basically doing something very similar right now, but it requires me to purchase an extra license for the meeting.  I have a license dedicated to the general meeting and allow all of my users to schedule/start a meeting for that license. The problem with this is paying for the extra license. If I try to get around it by having one person's license double as both theirs and the general meeting then there's always the chance that they would need to use their account for a private meeting during the time of the general meeting. In the end it may just be easier to suck it up and pay for the license.  I was hoping that there might be a feature I was missing that would allow for this.

Thanks