cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect zoom

lamty
Listener

I am trying to log in my Zoom account with my MacBook recently, and it showed 'You are unable to connect to Zoom. Please check your network connection and try again. I deleted and reinstalled the Zoom app again and again but still it doesn't work. I am not sure if it is really my network problem or what. I tried to use my own iPad and my mum's pc to log into my Zoom account and both devices work. So it proves that it should not be any problems with my wifi. What can I do to log in my Zoom account in my MacBook?

8 REPLIES 8

TamiB
Listener

I’m having the same issue with my MacBook Air with M1 processor. So frustrating!!  Hope we get a fix soon. 

The fix: 

Apple wiped new MacBook clean. 
installed zoom with M1 processor. 
THEN, migrated only the data I needed to meet computer and dropped everything else onto an external hard drive. 
it worked!

I think the full data transfer from old processor to the new one is creating errors in how the program/code is being relayed. I’m clearly not a computer wizard…surely there are more technically appropriate words but you catch my drift, I hope. 

garveysteve
Listener

Same problem here, it could be the M1 processor. My old MacBook worked fine, traded it in last week for a new M1 machine and can only access Zoom through a browser.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Have you tried downloading and installing the specific version for your processor? 

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 08.18.35.png

Perfect timing, I found that while you were typing your reply. It works.

1. Go to https://zoom.us/download

2. Click the link in 'Or, for Macs with Apple Silicon chips, click here to download'. (It's easy to miss)

3. Uninstall the old Zoom client and install the new one. Worked first time. 

I tried this but it's still not working......

Jiffy
Listener

Same - tried downloading the "Macs with Silicon Chips" and I couldn't run this app as it wasn't compatible with my MacBook Pro...

The fix for me:

Apple wiped new MacBook clean. 
installed zoom with M1 processor. 
THEN, migrated only the data I needed to meet computer and dropped everything else onto an external hard drive. 
it worked!

I think the full data transfer from old processor to the new one is creating errors in how the program/code is being relayed. I’m clearly not a computer wizard…surely there are more technically appropriate words but you catch my drift.  I hope this helps!