cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble giving camera access to my Zoom Desktop Client

Andrea-Cutinho
Listener

Hi,

I really need help on an ongoing issue, due to which I had to leave a work meeting

My zoom desktop app says that my zoom is unable to detect the camera and that it should be powered on in my computer. I have tried all the solution on the zoom website and seen to it that each one is resolved. Access to my camera both on zoom and desktop is given. But yet the problem persists. It if continues I will not be able to attend important zoom meetings which will lead to severe consequences. Can someone please help me out?

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Andrea-Cutinho thank you for posting for the first time and welcome to the Zoom Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with using your camera on Zoom. Would you be able to confirm which of these troubleshooting steps you have taken?

1. Review alternative applications and terminate their operations if they are accessing the camera.
  2. Ensure that Zoom has been granted permission to access the camera.
  3. Reboot your device; this action might resolve the issue.
  4. Ensure that you have completely uninstalled Zoom using CleanZoom if on Windows and installed the most recent version of Zoom.

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hello, I have a Mac and have tried all the recommended troubleshooting steps here. Sometimes I get a brief message, which disappears, saying that the background is loading and do I wish to continue. Sometimes the camera simply doesn't appear. It used to work fine. Please help me since I work remotely and need the camera.

Cathy