cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone Webcam

mpt1123
Listener

Hello:

I am looking for a camera that I can install in a room (preferably above a TV) that can be used for Zoom calls. The camera would capture the participants in the room - where the TV would display each of the single participants. Here's the catch. I need to be able to control this camera remotely. I can find several cameras that can be attached to the top of the TV, then connected to a laptop, and then used as a webcam. That would work great if I was onsite for the meeting. If I'm not onsite, there is no one (trust me on this) that can attach the camera to their laptop and get it running as a webcam.

I'm starting to think that what we need is a security camera that is accessible via an IP address but I thought I'd ask here first before going any further.

Any recommendations for a standalone camera that can be controlled remotely for Zoom meetings are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @mpt1123 

There are a few features that you might try to use to achieve this. 

Far end camera control would allow you to control the webcam from another desktop client, assuming the webcam has the ability to pan, tilt, and focus. 

Also, you can set yourself as an auto-answer contact, so that any time you invite this meeting room, it will automatically accept and join your session. 

As for the webcam itself, I would suggest checking out the certified hardware we have for Zoom Rooms, which can also be used in most cases with the desktop client as well. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.