cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice quality Feature Request

scorellis
Listener

I'm not sure if this is the right place for a feature request, or not, but there is an aspect to zoom meetings that is really terrible and is the sole reason why I despise them so much. 

When my internet is unstable, it seems like the other callers ALWAYS know it before I do. 

I would love to have some sort of little widget that gives me two things:

1. latency. How far behind am I?  how many seconds is it between when I start talking, and when other people can hear me?  When I am talking, so that I will know if I am interrupting someone or not, I want myself and others to know there is a delay.

2. what percentage of my message is being lost? When I am cutting in and out, I want to know, so that I can just stop talking and use the chat instead, what my quality of service is WHILE I am talking.

2 REPLIES 2

alexisbrown
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @scorellis,

Welcome to the Zoom Community! All feature requests are managed within our Zoom Feedback submission form. I encourage you to submit this idea there, where the information will then be passed along to the relevant product team for review.

Thank you!

Alexis

Alexis
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @scorellis

While @alexisbrown is correct regarding submitting that feedback, I wanted to point out some existing functionality that may be useful. When using the desktop client, you can open the client Settings and select the Statistics tab, to view data about your current connection: 

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 09.45.49.png

While this is not directly accessible in the meeting, Zoom does provide that information. I think it would still be good feedback to make that data a bit easier accessible during a meeting. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.