cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Screen Audio very Low

David_S
Listener

Share Screen audio is so low many people have their devices on max volume, and still its so quiet.

Zoom 5.7.6

Windows 10

9 REPLIES 9

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @David_S, whether you're sharing screen or just sharing Computer Audio, you have the option to either have Mono or Stereo when sharing Audio. Try selecting either/or to see if that helps or makes a difference in quality for participants.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 11.42.44 AM.png

Also, whoever is sharing sound needs to make sure their audio is turned up. This can be the output volume of your device, application, or wherever the Audio that you're sharing is coming from may need adjusted and turned up if needed. 

Or, if this helps, you can look into our KB article on Sharing computer sound during screen sharing

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I've tried to change mono to stereo but there's no significant change. I didn't use to have this problem till a couple weeks ago. Now, I have to share the screen with my computer volume really loud so student can hear the audio (before, it was enough having the player volume loud). Did Zoom change something in the last update?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @hirokohime @ShannonMc @StuMountjoy there have been some updates since this discussion was last posted. 

Furthermore, when sharing screen, ensure that 'share sound' is checked therefore, sound is shared while sharing screen.

**Ensure if you are sharing content and there are audio bars to turn up the volume, to your desire on both the browser based player that is playing the content or/and your device. 

You also now in  5.14.10, which is the version I am running today -- you have the ability to also choose mono or stereo audio, when sharing screen. 

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 3.06.31 PM.png

If you are just sharing sound, you can go to advanced --> computer audio, if you JUST want to play sound, ensuring the player volume is up as well as your device. 

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 3.06.55 PM.png

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I have tried all the offered suggestions and there are no improvements. Like others, the shared sound worked great then after an update, the sound is very low no matter the volume setting. I have the volume so high to the point of the screen screaming at me in my office in order for my virtual audience to hear the should of a video.

I've followed your suggestions and they made no difference. My neighbours are quite annoyed when I'm playing audios for my students.

I'm having the same problem with low volume while sharing audio, and none of the suggestions helped. I'm scheduling meetings with 560 people to literally share audio. This is a problem—Would appreciate further Zoom troubleshooting! 🙂

StuMountjoy
Listener

Yeah, getting the same problem in a zoom-based Learning English class - a YouTube video is played, but because the host's mike is still on, the mixing makes it very hard to hear the video.

Rigzin
Listener

This also began very suddenly for me at the end of November. I had shared Keynote presentations and other things with sound successfully from my iPad while doing hybrid lectures for months. One day, all of a sudden, this issue with the sound lowering began. I had to do crazy work arounds for my last couple of classes. I was very much hoping it would be fixed by this term. I just tried a test, (January 21) and it is still a problem. I’ll have to look for another platform that can successfully do this for me unless Zoom fixes this problem. It seems that so many people are having it that it is not just an issue of settings. And, I too have tried every possible setting switch and nothing has worked. It’s a shame, because Zoom suited my needs perfectly until then. 

tbair8
Listener

I have had the same struggles, and I have been able to solve the problem by going to Audio advanced settings and changing "Signal processing by Windows audio device drivers" from Auto to Off (Windows - Raw).