Ready to set up and use Zoom, but aren't sure where to start? Begin with our onboarding support experience for everything you need to get started.

Get Started
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen goes black in middle of meeting

Alami1906
Observer

Can anyone explain why my screen goes black at random times during some Zoom meetings? The sound stays on for a few minutes & I think the others in the meeting can still see me, but then it goes completely dead and I'm logged out of my computer. I have to re-log into my computer to get back into the meeting.

This happens quite randomly - sometimes after only about 10 minutes into the meeting; sometimes 30-40 minutes, sometimes never. I've checked all my computer settings, and it's set not to go to sleep for one hour, so I'm pretty sure it's not the computer settings. I can't find any settings in Zoom that could be causing this.

www.placesandseasons.com
4 REPLIES 4

Rupert
Collaborator

Hi @Alami1906 

Does this happen with a typical amount of participants - or before or after someone screen-shares in the meeting?

Is your Zoom software fully up to date?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrade-update-to-the-latest-version

Alami1906
Observer

Thanks @Rupert 

It happens with a normal number of participants - it's a live Pilates class with around 5-6 people. It happens every single week, but nobody else in the class has this issue! The screen goes black & I can still hear the class going on, so I jab the screen a few times (I'm using a Surface Pro), then it logs me out completely. I will check the software update link! Thanks.

www.placesandseasons.com

ZoomAddict
Observer

I have this problem also and I do not know how to fix it . 

GAW
Observer

I have a similar issue...During a meeting, if I get a phone call, my computer screen changes from host with a gallery view of my invitees to a non-zoom screen. I can hear everyone, and they can still see and hear me -- BUT I can't see them, nor can I return to the meeting screen. This is a BIG problem. What is happening?