cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule a meeting, then buy Large Meeting license-does the license apply to the existing meeting?

theBaron
Listener

Hi, all!

The subject says it all:  I scheduled a meeting, then I purchased a Large Meeting license.  Does that license apply now to the existing meeting?  Or must I schedule a new meeting to pick up the Large Meeting license?

I'm not sure, because when edit the existing meeting, or click to add a new one, and look at the meeting template, there's nothing like a selection for types of meeting.  I thought that there might be, unless having bought a Large Meeting license means that every meeting I schedule now is a large meeting.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @theBaron 

As long as the Large Meeting add-on is assigned to your profile, all of your meetings, existing, instant, and those not yet scheduled, will have the higher capacity. 

You can check your Profile page to see what your current meeting capacity is capped at. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Bort

Hi @theBaron 

As long as the Large Meeting add-on is assigned to your profile, all of your meetings, existing, instant, and those not yet scheduled, will have the higher capacity. 

You can check your Profile page to see what your current meeting capacity is capped at. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

I added a the 500 participant large meeting license after scheduling a meeting and it did not work. Meeting was still capped at 100. 

Bort

You may have purchased the Add-on for your account, but did you assign it to your profile before starting the meeting? 

That is what the problem was ; Zoom support confirmed this for me. 

I find it to be a bit silly though as there is just one user profile under my account. 

Hi there, I was wondering: Is this also the case for meetings which are currently live? If I organise a meeting and I don't know how many people will take part, can I buy a "last minute" license if I see the number will exceed 100?

Hello, have you found the answer or have you tried it? Does it apply also for live meetings? I have the same problem and also want to wait until the capacity will look like to be packed. Thank you in advance.

I don't know if Zoom has changed their settings but as at when i posed the question, you would have to sign on to your zoom admin portal then attach the add-on to your profile. It won't automatically assign it to the existing meeting. 

This is absolutely clear. But the question is whether it takes effect also on already running meeting. Support told me that yes, even if I purchase large meetings during the running meeting, assign them to the user who is host of the running meeting, it will take immediate effect. So let's see what will happen in reality, once this situation will arise 🙂 Anyway thank you for your concern and reply 🙂 I really appreciate it.

Yes it does. 

theBaron
Listener

Thanks, Bort!  I suspected it might be, but wanted to make sure.

I work in application development as a QA tester, so I like to be able to verify.

Hey Baron. Did this end up being the case? Everything work out ok? I just upgraded to Large Meeting and want to be confident that I can schedule a meeting for 1,000. 
Thanks in advance.