cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove strange logo when I don't have a webcam

ferrad
Listener

I do not have a webcam. When I join a meeting, a really strange logo is displayed, which is unnerving to me and participants, see attached.  How do I remove or change it?

Snap5.jpg

I have tried changing the background but it still remains.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RajanB
Participant | Zoom Employee

This is strange. When you don't have a webcam, you're sending your profile picture. Can you check your profile picture? Please login to zoom via web & go to Personal > Profile (see screenshot).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RajanB

This is strange. When you don't have a webcam, you're sending your profile picture. Can you check your profile picture? Please login to zoom via web & go to Personal > Profile (see screenshot).

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @ferrad 

That is the holding image for OBS Virtual Camera. You must have OBS installed - and Zoom has defaulted to the OBS Virtual Camera (Zoom will see this as a camera).

You can either disable the OBS Virtual Camera output - or locate and replace the actual image file that OBS presents into that output.

On Windows, you can locate and replace the file (if you want to). Guidance here:

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/is-it-possible-to-change-the-obs-virtual-camera-offline-image.1... 

ferrad
Listener

Adding a profile photo seems to do it.  Thanks.