Listener

Since ZOOM updated yesterday, I cannot find my recurring meetings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Zoom has listened! 

The removal of the Home tab and replacing the contents of the Meeting tab with the one-day calendar of events has been REVERTED.  Log out and back in on your desktop app to see the Home and Meetings tabs at the top, and select the Meetings tab to see the layout previously available prior to the roll-out of 5.15.3.

Please see this Zoom Support article for details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/17564111105677

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61

I was late for my client this morning because I couldn't find their meeting (or any meeting)  Appalling service.  I've been recommending zoom as a platform but seriously upset with this.

Bulobar
Listener

I was so at ease and happy with old format where I could just have recurring meetings with my PMI.

And could click on copy invite and send link. Please bring it back or I will probably cancel my Zoom Acct.

On MacBook Pro.

MVial
Listener

Same here... I'm furious about that! I have a PRO Plan and I simply cannot access my 20+ recurring meetings from the Client App.

Zoom is becoming such a trashy platform!!!

Check for updates.  I saw that above in this string, checked for updates, installed the updates and the new format shows the Anytime meetings.  The update is needed to bring them back into view.

thank you! Unfortunately I cannot see where exactly 'updates' are found. I will strive again (o; thanks for the pointers, though.

thanks, but nahh... still missing it...

click on your picture, top right.

about 5 options down is 'check for updates'

install.

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 17.09.20.png

thank you, but- as you can see- mine doesn't seem to show 'check for updates'

Is not there is at the zoom program (app, no web. Just run zoom and search this

Press anytime meetings 

Gaspartaz
Listener

I get it! Just update again and then press "anytime meetings". 0% intuitive

ZiboAnto
Listener

how do you update Zoom, please? 

ZiboAnto
Listener

Fantastic, thanks so so much!!! appreciated.

Just checked and I do not have the same screenScreenshot 2023-07-12 at 15.33.52.png

Ray_Harwood

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Zoom has listened! 

The removal of the Home tab and replacing the contents of the Meeting tab with the one-day calendar of events has been REVERTED.  Log out and back in on your desktop app to see the Home and Meetings tabs at the top, and select the Meetings tab to see the layout previously available prior to the roll-out of 5.15.3.

Please see this Zoom Support article for details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/17564111105677

yes- signing out and back in worked.
The question is: who thought that update was a good idea? !!

jim-hanson
Listener

i am using previous meetings to get access to my recurring/"anytime" meetings (on the web). it is working but this is very concerning; i'm on 5.15.3. the desktop software and there are no meetings shown there at all. i'm scared to create a calendar (haven't used it before) because it might break my previous meetings on the web page. this is really a serious issue and pretty unbelievable zoom would not have checked on this before doing whatever they did that caused this.

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @jim-hanson.

If you are looking on the Meetings tab of the Zoom desktop app, you should see the "normal" list of meetings that you have scheduled.  If you are looking on the Home tab, that view only shows meetings for the current day.

Look on the Zoom Web Portal... if your meetings are there on the Meetings tab, your meetings are fine.  I do use the desktop app on occasion to schedule meetings, but I mostly use the Zoom Web Portal. It's almost always the most reliable source, in my opinion.

jim-hanson
Listener

the meetings tab in the desktop software shows no meetings (and like you, i don't use the desktop software very much except to do updates).

the web portal has the meetings but for the one i scheduled for this week, it appears only in previous meetings.

jim-hanson
Listener

well for clarity--the web portal also shows no meetings but does show the meeting in previous meetings even though it is happening today and through friday.

Alexand875
Listener

The fix for the random order recurring meetings is completely ridiculous. Pick any meeting and edit it.  It doesn't matter what you edit, just edit something. I made a meeting called *Alphabetize. The asterisk makes it appear at the top of my list. Every time I go into Zoom and the meetings are in random order, I change the date by one day and save it. That fixes the problem. Once you save any edit to any of your meetings, all of your meetings will now be alphabetized.  

Alexand875
Listener

Microsoft Outlook turned out to be the problem/solution to this problem. I was frustrated because every time I opened a recurring meeting I got a popup saying "Allow Outlook to have access to confidential information?" This popped up three times (I said no, no, no) and then Outlook would open and I would have to quit it. Then I could start my meeting.  I deleted Outlook from my computer and it kept coming back. Finally I decided to say yes and now all of my recurring meetings are alphabetized and I have had no more issues.