cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording of a presentation does not show the presenter when he/she on video and sharing screen

KellyAB
Listener

Hello,

When we host a recorded meeting, first a guest speaker is made a co-host so that she/he can share their screen. Then the speaker's video is left on while presenting with their shared screen. When the recording is processed, there is not one video where the speaker and her/his shared screen are combined. It is either the speaker alone, or the presentation alone, or just the video. 

The box next to these settings is ticked:

Save chat messages from the meeting / webinar
Save closed caption as a VTT file
Hosts can give meeting participants permission to record locally
Record active speaker with shared screen
Record gallery view with shared screen

Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately

Record audio-only files

Record one audio file for all participants
Record a separate audio file of each participant

Record the Interpretation

Record sign language interpreter
Record language interpreter
Save chat messages from the meeting / webinar

Advanced cloud recording settings

Add a timestamp to the recording
Display participants' names in the recording
Record thumbnails when sharing
Optimize the recording for 3rd party video editor
Save panelist chat to the recording
Save closed caption as a VTT file

We need this fixed as soon as possible. I've been trying to get help through Zoom endless times and to no avail.

Thank you!
1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @KellyAB just wanting to double-check as the host, you started the recording or the co-host? I ask because if the co-host who initiated the recording will reflect off the hosts' recording settings and but record based off the co-hosts' layout, whether they are in gallery, speaker view or both with shared screen. It looks like you ticked to record all views separately, so you may see numerous files.  Suggest looking below at cloud recording settings and experiences with a co-host recording shared screen. 

Here are my settings for cloud recording (similar to yours) as the Host

Here is what i discovered when testing, as the host, I gave co-host recording permissions and to share screen. Co-host initiated the recording and shared screen with speaker view (speaker view does not show until the co-host unmutes as you will see the indicator highlighting around the box

Hosts view of the recording files available from the Zoom Web portal https://zoom.us/recording

When viewing the recording, here is what was recording within the shared screen with speaker view file

And I believe this is your desired outcome? After I granted co-host permission to record and share screen, the co-host began recording in speaker view and began sharing screen. See what I've tested and see if you can replicate it successfully! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!