cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording in 720p

redhatcode29
Listener

Hi guys, how do i get the 720p resolution in recordings ?  ive set HD in video settings. Checked the enable compatibility format for post editing. However i still not able to achive the 720p resolution. I just get the standard low resolution. I record it to my computer.

I need to highlight that if i randomly start a meeting and record, i achieve the 720p. This in a free account. But when i record in a paid account, i am not able to achieve 720p, except once. In that recording there was only one other participant. 

I tried changing hosts and had it record from another computer, still no luck.  Any ideas ?

5 REPLIES 5

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @redhatcode29 , check out the thread Problem Video Recording Meetings with 1080P Webcam. This should clarify a bit more on recording resolutions! 

If this answered your question, don't forget to click the 'Accept as Solution' button.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi thanks for the reply.  The account i was using was a paid account.  I was able to record 720p once. But am not able now. 
Any ideas ?

Hey @redhatcode29 this also may be the content shared in the recording as well, to further breakdown the recording resolutions: 

640p x 360p is recorded for a meeting with two or more participants the resolution will be 640p x 360p if only video is being shared and HD is not enabled.

1280 x 720p 

• If you are the only participant in the meeting, the recording. 
  • For a one on one meeting, the recording will be 1280p x 720p if only video is shared and HD video is in use. The one who is not recording) needs to view the video in full screen.
  • For a meeting of three or more participants, the local recording will be 1280p x 720p if Group HD is enabled for the host's account and any participant views the meeting in full screen.

You can re-test this to ensure you're getting the resolution expected above in these case scenerios☝️

If all else fails, you may need to reach out to Zoom Support for 720p to be enabled and/or further analyzed as suggested in our KB on Group HD. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

videomaker
Listener

What's the best way to "reach out" to Zoom Support?  I've been trying to reach them to get them to enable 720P.  I just sent a ticket after a ton of time trying to wade through the various online documents and Support sections trying to find how to contact them directly.  

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @videomaker, within my reply, I have the 'Zoom Support', redirected to ways you can contact Zoom support. Suggest to Sign in to view the support options available. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his