Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RETURN the option to make "original sound" persistent

doremiteacher
Attendee

During the years of COVID, we [musicians/music teachers] had the ability to:

- go into settings

- choose "enable original sound"

- then [first time only] choose a microphone to keep "original sound" on all the time...without pushing the button for every meeting. 

EVERY musician/music teacher I know (who uses Zoom) LOVED this feature. 

We had the option to CHOOSE whether we wanted "original sound" persistent.  Because we had to actively go into settings to enable the option to CHOOSE original sound people who did not need this feature did not even know that it existed. It did not appear on their screen and did not affect them at all.

Then, in November  of 2022 This CHOICE was removed and we were told that it was not possible to have this CHOICE.   Who complained?  Who said that this CHOICE was bad? The people who did not even know it was there? The people who did not enable the option to CHOOSE?

We [musicians and music teachers] have posted, requested, complained, whined, politely requested and in every other way possible made it clear that we do not want everyone to have to have original sound on all the time.   We just want the CHOICE back. 

It is not the fact that WE have to push the button for every meeting (although that is a nuisance).  It is the fact that all of our online students have to do it - for every lesson and every performance - and we are told time and time again, "I can't figure it out," and, "my device won't do that," and (after the [silent] performance), "oh, I forgot." 

I think that we have all been quite clear and quite patient....for eight whole months.  Why will nobody at Zoom listen?

Please, Zoom, please. Put back the CHOICE that was there for three years. 

Thank you

0 REPLIES 0