cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participants in waiting room not showing up

aburger0873
Listener

I have a new Pro account and have enabled waiting room for my personal meeting room. I have tested it out with a number of people using my personal link - they are in my waiting room, but they never show up for me. Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix? I've already submitted a support ticket, but thought I'd ask here. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

aburger0873
Listener

There was a resolution and it's very simple, or at least it was for me. I logged in to zoom through the web browser, and in the zoom account there is an option where it says "Use Personal ID for meetings". It's just a small box so you'll have to search for it. For me, that box was unchecked which means that every time I was starting a zoom room, I was starting a new room completely unconnected to my personal ID. So my clients were in my personal room, but i was somewhere different each time. Since that box got checked, I've had no issues. 

View solution in original post

aburger0873
Listener

It's under schedule meeting and it says "

Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when starting an instant meeting"

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hazel_
Listener

This happens in my Zoom room too. Could you let us know if you find a solution? Thanks!

Reshie
Listener

This happened to me twice today - I'm a psychologist and my I depend on a VOIP service for my living so I would really like to get this sorted

TheraChi
Listener

Was there ever a resolution to this?  I am having the same problem.  It's so frustrating.  i am a therapist and see several people a day via zoom

aburger0873
Listener

There was a resolution and it's very simple, or at least it was for me. I logged in to zoom through the web browser, and in the zoom account there is an option where it says "Use Personal ID for meetings". It's just a small box so you'll have to search for it. For me, that box was unchecked which means that every time I was starting a zoom room, I was starting a new room completely unconnected to my personal ID. So my clients were in my personal room, but i was somewhere different each time. Since that box got checked, I've had no issues. 

Yes!  That sounds exactly right.  I think I may have found it.  Do you know where on the web page it is...which section it is under?

aburger0873
Listener

It's under schedule meeting and it says "

Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when starting an instant meeting"

Under settings of course

GOT IT!  You are the best.  Thank you so much!

Glad I could help. I'm a therapist too and I know how troublesome it is to not be able to meet clients because of this.

DorothyE
Listener

I am encountering the same problem but not using my personal meeting room. Some of my participants shopw up in the waiting room and are admitted. BUT others who are in the waiting room I never see. This happened in a paid meeting and I'm having to refund fees. What is going on???