cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old version CleanZoom (6.5.64722.907) removes user type installs while latest version does not

Kevin64
Listener

I would like to bulk remove many Desktop Client "user" type installs and eventually replace them with "machine" type installs. I have an old version of CleanZoom (6.5.64722.907) that when run, cleans out the user type installs correctly. I downloaded the latest version (1.0.0.143) today which says it was updated on July 25, 2023. When I run the new version on a computer with a user install, the tool exits and fails to remove the software. Has this ability been removed from CleanZoom and only removes machine type installs?

It appears that when I force a machine type install to a computer with a user type install, the user type install is removed anyway, so this will be a quick way to flip them all to machine type installs. However, it would be good to have an up to date tool that will clean out any type of install.

3 REPLIES 3

madmax032
Listener

Having this same problem too.  I don't have access to an older version of CleanZoom or else I would give that a try.  Have you gotten anywhere with this?

Here's what I am getting for the uninstall failures with the newest CleanZoom version:

Uninstall ErrorsUninstall Errors

kochan2006
Listener

having the same issue. CleanZoom does not uninstall certain version installed on user's profile.