cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OBS Virtual Camera Not Working After Updates 2023

Clubware
Listener

I'm actually just posting this as an update for 2023 because I was unable to find a current specific solution to my problem anywhere online.

Problem: OBS Virtual Camera was working and then stopped working in Zoom. The stream / feed from OBS was not showing up in Zoom. When OBS VC was selected, Zoom just showed my virtual background image instead.

Activating & deactivating the virtual camera in zoom and OBS did not resolve the issue. Updating both software did not resolve the issue.

Solution: What resolved the issue was going into my Zoom video settings and blurring the background with the OBS Virtual Camera active. Zoom immediately picked up OBS. Then when I unblurred it, the OBS feed showed up just fine.

Fingers crossed that this continues to work and that this solution helps someone.

I'm running Windows 10 and the latest versions of Zoom and OBS as of the date of this post.

11 REPLIES 11

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Just reading this now - I'm running latest versions of Zoom Client (x64) and OBS (x64) on Win10 also - no issues with virtual camera being recognized and functioning right off the bat.

Colin22
Listener

I'm having the same problem with Mac OS Sonoma after my update. Does anyone know what to do ?

bstrelko

OBS 30.0 (latest) includes a note on the following:

• Reworked the virtual camera on macOS to work with all applications (on macOS 13 and newer) [gxalpha/PatTheMav]

Can you confirm you're running OBS 30.0 on Mac?

Lord8
Listener

I am running 30.0 and am having the same problem.

sharan
Listener

i am facing the same issue, OBS virtual camera starts but it doesn't show on zoom video 

Please help 

TechieFox
Listener

Hi There!  I have also faced the same issue using Mac - I did not get to test prior to updating zoom and obs, I naturally updated prior to testing (silly mistake).    I will go across to windows to try, but currently on Mac running latest OS with latest zoom and OBS the virtual camera does not appear in zoom. 😞

Alo86
Listener

I just updated to 30.0.2 and VC seems to be working again on ZOOM

WGallagher
Listener

I'm having the same thing -- OBS Virtual Camera in Zoom either shows the OBS logo or most recently just a completely black screen. Zoom, OBS and macOS Sonoma all updated to the latest versions and nothing will get these two apps talking again.

William

I'm having the same problem.  Just updated to Sonoma, and virtual camera shows up as an option on the list of Zoom video sources, but when I click on Virtual Camera, I get a blank screen.  Updated to OBS 30.1.2. Zoom is 6.0.2.  Help!

I'm running the precise setup. Trying clicking the gear to the right of Start Virtual Camera button and changing the Output type. I had it on Source and Switched it to Program (Default) and it works. I'm running the exact software versions as well for all. Though I am on Mac OS Monterrey 12.4. 

Thank you! I stumbled across that exact solution earlier today. Just keep pushing buttons and something will work!