cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not allowing viewers to skip ahead in a webinar recording

STT
Listener

My organization wants to post recorded educational webinars that do not allow viewers to skip ahead.  We offer continuing education credits for our profession, and the recertification codes will be at the very end of the webinar recordings.  Is there a way to turn off the option to skip ahead to the end?  We can't just give away the codes by allowing them to skip the content and without having them view the entire webinar, per our "parent" organization.  I have searched and can't find this information.  Thanks!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ExpertswhoJohn
Community Champion | Customer

let's assume we have to trust the person to some degree.
Somebody could start the recording and leave the room while it played?

However, you could use the analytics to check a person did not only watch 5 mins of a one hour training?
the following is from
Generating meeting reports – Zoom Support

View cloud recording analytics

You can view analytics (page views and downloads) for a cloud recording that you have shared internally or externally.

1. Access recording management.
  2. Find the recording you want to view and click the topic.
  3. Click Recording Analytics.
  4. Use the drop-down menus at the top to specify a date range, then click Search.
  5. Click one of the tabs to view a summary or filter data by view/downloads.
    You will see the following recording metrics:
    • Summary: A brief summary of views and downloads by date. 
    • By View: The number of times that someone viewed the recording page, as well as how long they viewed the recording. This metric does not track the number of times the recording was played. Also, this metric does not count unique page views, thus if someone reloads the page, it will count as another view.
    • By Download: The number of times that someone clicked Download in the cloud recording page. This metric does not track the number of times that the download was completed. In other words, if the user clicked Download but didn't finish downloading, it still counts toward this metric.

I hope that helps.

View solution in original post

ExpertswhoJohn

I do a simple sort of Zoom report two weeks after the event and then hand out the codes to those who attended 80% of the meeting or watched  80% of the recording.

After that, I believe the medical group admin will charge an admin fee if people want to claim later

John

Frank_TB

Hello,

There is currently no such ability. Zoom does allow you to download the cloud recording so you can upload it to another platform with such a capability.

Although this community forum is useful, the best way to get traction on a feature request is through Zoom's official feedback process.

"Zoom welcomes your ideas, requests or comments about Zoom".

Submit your feature request here;
https://zoom.us/feed

Regards
If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

7 REPLIES 7

ExpertswhoJohn

let's assume we have to trust the person to some degree.
Somebody could start the recording and leave the room while it played?

However, you could use the analytics to check a person did not only watch 5 mins of a one hour training?
the following is from
Generating meeting reports – Zoom Support

View cloud recording analytics

You can view analytics (page views and downloads) for a cloud recording that you have shared internally or externally.

1. Access recording management.
  2. Find the recording you want to view and click the topic.
  3. Click Recording Analytics.
  4. Use the drop-down menus at the top to specify a date range, then click Search.
  5. Click one of the tabs to view a summary or filter data by view/downloads.
    You will see the following recording metrics:
    • Summary: A brief summary of views and downloads by date. 
    • By View: The number of times that someone viewed the recording page, as well as how long they viewed the recording. This metric does not track the number of times the recording was played. Also, this metric does not count unique page views, thus if someone reloads the page, it will count as another view.
    • By Download: The number of times that someone clicked Download in the cloud recording page. This metric does not track the number of times that the download was completed. In other words, if the user clicked Download but didn't finish downloading, it still counts toward this metric.

I hope that helps.

I know it seems silly, but if they want to walk out while it plays or multitask, we can't stop them, but we need to make it at least a little difficult to skip through.  We will have quite a few recorded webinars posted, and we are all volunteers (not paid staff), so no one will have time to check each viewer's time spent.

ExpertswhoJohn

I host medical meetings, and we have similar issues.
The fact that we have the report and they know it seems to keep them honest.

Drop it is a spreadsheet, and it is possible to quickly sort for transgressors.
All the other video platforms I can think of could be got around and would he more effort to set up.

STT
Listener

How do you handle it when people only watched 3 minutes of a program but already have their CEU code?

ExpertswhoJohn

I do a simple sort of Zoom report two weeks after the event and then hand out the codes to those who attended 80% of the meeting or watched  80% of the recording.

After that, I believe the medical group admin will charge an admin fee if people want to claim later

John

ExpertswhoJohn

It is for UK, so not CEU but a similar idea for the ongoing education of medical staff

Frank_TB

Hello,

There is currently no such ability. Zoom does allow you to download the cloud recording so you can upload it to another platform with such a capability.

Although this community forum is useful, the best way to get traction on a feature request is through Zoom's official feedback process.

"Zoom welcomes your ideas, requests or comments about Zoom".

Submit your feature request here;
https://zoom.us/feed

Regards
If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!