cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New laptop - Zoom defaults to Outlook to schedule meetings - I need it to go to Gmail.

nicprovo
Listener

I just got a new MacBook air. I have zoom on a few other devices, and whenever I set up a meeting through the zoom desktop, it automatically sends a copy of the meeting invite to me using my gmail account. This then auto populates the meeting into my google calendar (which then syncs with my iCal). On this new laptop ONLY - for some reason, when I set up a meeting through the Zoom desktop (click on the orange schedule button), I can set up the meeting, but when I go to save it, Outlook automatically opens and it tells me I need to set up outlook to send the invite.... I don't want to use Outlook, I want it to send the invite through gmail like my desktop does...

I have combed through settings and searched google and the zoom community, but I cannot find an answer. Any help is appreciated!!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @nicprovo I am trying to duplicate your issue here but not experiencing the same. First advise Updating Zoom to the latest version

So when you're at the Zoom desktop client, and clicking on 'schedule', scrolling down I see the following options for Calendar. I go ahead and select Google Calendar, which then opens my browser to login to my Google Account. 

My only suggestion is to check your calendar app on your Mac to see if Outlook is your default calendar. But I don't think that matters because selecting a calendar from'schedule meeting' will open either your default.ics calendar (mac calendar), google calendar, outlook, or outsourced calendar. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

nicprovo
Listener

OK, so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU - this worked! I feel dumb that I never scrolled down in the Zoom invite to see the calendar selection - I guess I was moving too fast. I needed to change the default email from Outlook to iCal. Thank you!!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@nicprovo you're most welcome! Glad I could help! 🙂

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @nicprovo I am trying to duplicate your issue here but not experiencing the same. First advise Updating Zoom to the latest version

So when you're at the Zoom desktop client, and clicking on 'schedule', scrolling down I see the following options for Calendar. I go ahead and select Google Calendar, which then opens my browser to login to my Google Account. 

My only suggestion is to check your calendar app on your Mac to see if Outlook is your default calendar. But I don't think that matters because selecting a calendar from'schedule meeting' will open either your default.ics calendar (mac calendar), google calendar, outlook, or outsourced calendar. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

nicprovo
Listener

OK, so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU - this worked! I feel dumb that I never scrolled down in the Zoom invite to see the calendar selection - I guess I was moving too fast. I needed to change the default email from Outlook to iCal. Thank you!!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@nicprovo you're most welcome! Glad I could help! 🙂

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his