cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting freezing

RichardJackson
Listener

Any Zoom meeting I am on, my own or someone else's, will work fine for 15 minutes or so. Then my video will freeze, although my sound and everybody else's sound and video will continue. Then ten minutes or so later the whole thing will freeze for me and I will have to log out and back in again. At which point the cycle restarts. I cant submit a technical support ticket because I only have a basic account. And I am not going to upgrade my account for software that doesn't seem to work. Is there a simple fix?

1 REPLY 1

CCastan
Listener

Absolutely the same behaviour on my machine as well. Has been like that for at least two years now, yet I don't remember exactly when it started.

My setup looks like this:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 without any overclocking

16 GB RAM (on XMP but well within specs and runnning stable in Prime95)

Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti (normally slightly overclocked, but freezing occurs on standard clocks as well)

Creative X-Fi HD (USB)

Logitech C920 HD Pro 

All software and drivers always up to date. 

One observation I made: It tends to last longer when I reboot the whole machine before starting/joining a meeting. Nevertheless it will eventually freeze at some point in the manner desribed by RichardJackson.

REALLY annoying and sometimes even a bit embarassing when I keep logging in and out of meetings.

Tbh: I didn't try deactivating the background blurring yet. Some people mentioned that fixed some freezing issues. Will try that on the next meeting and report back.