cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Streaming to YouTube stopped working

ECF
Listener

We have Live Streaming to Youtube enabled in our profile, but about 2 months ago Live Streaming to Youtube stopped working.  We receive the following error message with trying to live stream to Youtube.  "Please grant necessary privilege for live streaming"  We have verified that this is enabled in our profile as well as the user account.  We have toggled this feature on and off, but have not been able to resolve the issue.  We are able to go to Youtube and live stream without any issues.  The problem appears to be an interface issue between Zoom and Youtube.  Is anyone else having this problem?  If so, have you been able to resolve it?

18 REPLIES 18

jjpolkri
Listener

I'm having the same issue. Has anyone else been able to resolve this?

lbassmmc
Listener

Having same issue - even though it is enabled in ZOOM. We tested on June 17 2022 and it worked fine.

Testing now - geting the Please Grant error.  Were you able to resolve?

lbassmmc
Listener

Having same issue - even though it is enabled in ZOOM. We tested on June 17 2022 and it worked fine.

Testing now - geting the Please Grant error.  Were you able to resolve?

Pilgrim
Listener

Any progress on this issue?  I can't stream, anymore.

CarolynnChalmer
Listener

No, still have this issue!!!

muellera
Listener

I have the same issue on some computers. I have a few steps that sometimes work. Sometimes one step works, others it takes several before I find the right issue.

1. Clear your browser cache. Close all browser windows and start over.

2. Log out of youtube, then log back in as part of the live streaming process.

3. Sometimes streaming to a different channel works, then come back and stream to the correct channel (huge hassle, ugh)

None of them are foolproof. The privileges it wants are the ones that should happen the first time you try to connect zoom to youtube... something along the lines of allowing zoom to access and change your settings. It's a youtube step that happens any time you try connecting a new app or service to youtube, but it's not a setting in youtube or zoom, it's a one time authorization. If you use the add to google calendar button, it's the same thing, or at least similar... like the image below.

muellera_0-1667414892990.png

CarolynnChalmer
Listener

Thanks for your assistance.

I finally got it to work. I had to disable Zoom access to YouTube (using the YouTube settings) and then try again.... it worked!

MLGDL
Listener

I am having the same issue "Please grant necessary privilege for live streaming" the problem is not with Youtube, I already talked to them. the probblem is with zoom, I already submitted a ticket, because i do not have live chat support anymore. Let's wait and see what is the solution for this.

MLGDL
Listener

I have been talking to customer service via email, and I finally found the solution for this problem. You need to go to your google account and de-authorize zoom app. and that is all you need to do. We tried many different steps and none of those worked. Deleting zoom app from authorized apps in your google account fixes that problem.

You click on your picture on the google and click manage your google account, then go to data and services, and from the list, choose "apps and services" and then click third party apps with account access, click on the zoom app and delete it. that will solve the problem.

I have done this several times and I cannot livestream

MLGDL
Listener

I have been talking to customer service via email, and I finally found the solution for this problem. You need to go to your google account and de-authorize zoom app. and that is all you need to do. We tried many different steps and none of those worked. Deleting zoom app from authorized apps in your google account fixes that problem.

You click on your picture on the google and click manage your google account, then go to data and services, and from the list, choose "apps and services" and then click third party apps with account access, click on the zoom app and delete it. that will solve the problem.

I did this, it worked once, and now it does not work anymore 

TaylorJamie
Listener

@ECF wrote:

We have Live Streaming to Youtube enabled in our profile, but about 2 months ago Live Streaming to Youtube stopped working.  We receive the following error message with trying to live stream to Youtube.  "Please grant necessary privilege for live streaming"  We have verified that this is enabled in our profile as well as the user account.  We have toggled this feature on and off, but have not been able to resolve the issue.  We are able to go to Youtube and live stream without any issues.  The problem appears to be an interface issue between Zoom dmvfoam and Youtube.  Is anyone else having this problem?  If so, have you been able to resolve it?

Recently, we've been facing an issue with Live Streaming to YouTube. Around two months ago, our Live Streaming to YouTube feature suddenly stopped working, and we keep encountering the error message "Please grant necessary privilege for live streaming." We have confirmed that the feature is enabled in both our profile and user account, and we have even tried toggling it on and off, but the problem persists.

EvelynF
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I wonder whether you need to grant permission in YouTube. 

YouTube - Account -> Status and features -> Channel -> Feature eligibility -> Verify phone number.

BPChurch
Listener

Updated Zoom Client to 5.17, and grant permission error went away .

finch69
Listener

Despite ensuring the feature is enabled, toggling it on and off hasn't resolved the problem. Since you can live stream directly on YouTube without issues, it seems like there's a compatibility issue between Zoom and YouTube.

BPChurch
Listener

Spoke too soon.  After updating Zoom Client to 5.17, the next day, we booted Windows, and got the "Please grant necessary privilege for live streaming" once again. 

We got live streaming to work for now.  

Clearing Edge cache 14 days and Exiting Edge and Zoom didn't work.

What worked was clearing Edge cache for All Time, Exiting Edge and Zoom, and then in Task Manager, killing (End Task) all Edge and Zoom processes.  Without re-booting Windows, at that point we were able to start Zoom and live stream to YouTube.

Regarding killing (End Task) the Edge and Zoom processes, it took more than one try to have these apps terminate completely.  We noted that when we clicked the arrow ">" on primary application entry, we found a bunch of sub-processes for each.  After clicking End Task on the primary entry, the number of sub-processes under each of these apps were reduced but they were not all Ended.  I'm not a frequent Windows user, and not having time to see if all of the sub-processes would eventually be Ended, we just kept clicking "End Task" for each app, and eventually all of the sub-processes did End.  (At that point, the primary Zoom or Edge app entry was finally removed from the Task Manager process list.)  There may be quicker or more definitive ways to accomplish this, e.g. clicking all of the sub-processes under the main app entry, and then clicking End Task.  I'll update as we learn more.

FYI, even this method stopped working.  Still seeking an answer, and in the mean time, doing a local recording on the computer, and uploading it to YouTube after the service.