cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Bombers

DavidAA
Listener

Hello

We facilitate AA meetings on Zoom and because of the open format and public posting of meetings we are a prime target for Zoom Bombers. We remove and report the Bombers when they come in.   We use all the available features to limit interruptions but they find ways around them. This post is not to illicit zoom 101 comments, it to hopefully be an online petition for Zoom to track the accounts, IP addresses, and other identifying factors of Bombers' to restrict their access to the platform. We have done all we can, we need Zoom to start removing bad actors. Please help!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @DavidAA @iammayim @bertwoodall I'm sorry to hear that these pesky unwanted users interrupted your Zoom Meeting session. Report this to https://zoom.us/trust-form under "Report Abusive Behavior or Content". The designated team will contact you to further investigate your submission. 

More information on securing your meetings here and Reporting inappropriate behavior

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

iammayim
Listener

Agreed!  It is completely out of hand. 

bertwoodall
Listener

AA here also. We are plagued with bombers -- obscene images, awful noises, etc -- and somehow bombers are able to move their images quickly and repeatedly which makes it VERY difficult to kick them out of the meeting. It has really gotten out of hand and as far as I know, zoom offers no tools or techniques to deal with this plague. Having a waiting room is no help, as there is no way to inspect or interrogate individual entry requests.

What we have started doing is creating a breakout room. There is a greeter in the main room who asks each person to turn their camera in as they are let in from the waiting room.  If they are new to the meeting, we ask them a couple of questions and then send them into the meeting which takes place in the breakout room. This screening step has eliminated 99.9% of Zoom bombing attempts in our case. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @DavidAA @iammayim @bertwoodall I'm sorry to hear that these pesky unwanted users interrupted your Zoom Meeting session. Report this to https://zoom.us/trust-form under "Report Abusive Behavior or Content". The designated team will contact you to further investigate your submission. 

More information on securing your meetings here and Reporting inappropriate behavior

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

JasonMc
Listener

I appreciate this post and the Zoom response and just wanted to share my experience (and frustration). The 'Zoom Bombers' are frustrating and pervasive for our meeting as well and make it difficult to provide an open and welcoming environment for new members. We take care of the situation with some pretty good support from Zoom and great suggestions from people like the folks that posted here and I am thankful for that. My main concern is that not only do I report each and every one of these offensive users, but I have yet to receive any follow-up from Zoom as they claim on these offensive users and, to make matters worse, some of them are known repeat offenders. We are content with the tools we have and the ability to be a safe space 99% of the time but I plead for a little more support handling these repeat offenders. The power-balance is shifted more than I would like to see to the side of bad actors and not to the Zoom support side of things.