cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large meeting with Breakout Rooms

TheWynningExp
Listener

Hello,

I am hosting a large meeting with 300+ attendees (2 day virtual conference), and there will be breakout room sessions (4-5 breakouts per session). I would like to have the breakout rooms recorded, so I have some volunteers joining to record each session locally. Do I have to make them a co-host to record the session, and do additional co-hosts require additional licenses?

Also, can I setup the zoom link before I purchase the large meeting add-on?

Thanks for you help in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @TheWynningExp — let me see what I can do to answer your questions. 

First of all, be sure to have this Zoom Support article handy for reference:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476313-Managing-Breakout-Rooms 

It looks like you should be able to set the Allow to record locally option for your volunteers.

Cohosts never request additional licenses. I’d experiment with a test Meeting and breakout rooms to see if also designating your volunteers as cohosts confuses the volunteers with access to a Cloud Recording option in the breakout room.

Always test anything new!!

And you can send the invitation out from your scheduled meeting at any time. Adding the Large Meeting Add On simply expands the number of people that can attend, and only comes into play once the meeting is open and people start to join. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi @TheWynningExp and just adding to @Ray_Harwood's re:, but also suggest taking a look into these KB articles on Best practices for hosting large meetings and Enabling the Large Meeting add-on

This also may help on how to assign recording privileges to a participant 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!