cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to restrict who enters the meeting ?

talktogus
Listener

I'm using zoom business that has a 300 participants limit. I'm going to do an event for aproximately 250 people. Reading the help pages it says that i have to restrict who receives the link, event id, password, etc.

Also i understand that i can enable the waiting room and handpick who enters the reunion.

But: is there any type of automated way of filtering who can enter ? (i mean like for example uploading a list of users/emails and that each email can be active only once).

I saw that there is also an enterprise function to allow only emails from one domain, but this isn't the case, there will be a mix o gmail, msn, outlook, yahoo and whatever mails mixed.

Thank you for your help with this

4 REPLIES 4

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer

Hello talktogus.

I am not sure you can actually do what you describe by using just "Meetings"; it seems a job more for the Webinar or Event service, but I confess I am not sure; you are correct and you can filter Domains, only people Signed into Zoom, etc. but it seems the variety of Guests is vast enough so even with all those "filters" enabled, it is still not enough, but somebody has a better answer.

However, maybe by using the BREAKOUT ROOMS feature along with a Waiting Room enabled, where you can Pre-populate who goes to which room at the moment you send the information, you could send people directly to BREAKOUT ROOM and then let only the people there and the rest will be in the Waiting Room forever.

I have never tried it that but it feels this one needs an out of the box solution. 

I am curios now, and if you decide to try this, please let me know if it worked adequately well to your needs; it is always nice to learn something new.

Good luck with this one, and I hope somebody gives you a better fit answer.

Vinnie

talktogus
Listener

Thank you Vinnie, the thing is that the meeting is in 3 days, so i don't have a lot of time to research and try outside solutions or to script or program something myself. At this point i'm thinking the easiest way to do this is to just pay a person to act as a bouncer in the waiting room. Ask for every attendee to use their real name and just compare them manually against an excel sheet or something.

The thing with this method is that if someone drops out of the meeting due to connectivity or other issues the bouncer will have to check if the person is inside or not prior to letting them in again, i mean i will need the bouncer not only before the start but also to be there until the end.

Vinnie

How did it go on your meeting? I hope you really try the Breakout Rooms for your next one, it is a nice feature and I think it might work nicely to your need.
By the way, if  you (or your co-host) kicks a Zoom Authenticated user out of the meeting, that user won't be able to join again on its own (if I recall correctly)...it will stay banned from entering that specific meeting unless you invite that user again.

I am very curious to see if proposed solution works for you on your next meeting so I will see if I can find the time to test it myself and I will let you know.

ExpertswhoJohn

You can "approve" each person in the registration rather than automatic approval where the meeting is set up.
Only the approved ones will get a Zoom join link.
Have you allowed registration yet?