cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a human at Zoom?

revrachel
Listener

The suggestions haven't worked. The issue is simple.

Is there any human there who is willing to help me? With ACTUAL customer service?

It's not that big an issue. It shouldn't require this much effort to get it solved.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi there, @revrachel ! Welcome to the community. What issue are you encountering? 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hey, Bri. I would love to actually talk to someone. However, I will attempt to explain this and see if there's an easy fix.

The other day, the "preview" dialog box went away. I appreciate that preview option a lot as I do most of my work on Zoom and - although a First-World thing - it's pretty darn convenient. It was working great until a few days ago. It just stopped working (on meetings that I scheduled, meetings I joined, and my personal room meetings). I reviewed my settings and I still have that option checked. So, I am curious why it suddenly stopped.

Please, before you send me articles and other things that don't help me, please understand that I learn by doing (not reading a lot of jargon or confusing computer language). If I could actually talk to someone, that would help me the most. If not, please explain this as you would to a child. Thanks!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @revrachel I see you ticket opened with support, I flagged this discussion leaving an internal note to keep the information relevant to your case from community and on your ticket from Zoom Support. Keeping an eye on this ticket for you, thanks! 🙂

Because you have a ticket opened with support, and IF this were a potenital bug, we'd need to still troubleshoot within the ticket to potentially escalate to our engineering teams. I will go ahead and mark my reply as the solution, and keeping an eye on your ticket - hoping we can get a solution for you. Thanks! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi. I have not yet received any suggestions that I haven't already tried (or that are workable for me, within my tech capabilities).

The preview dialogue box now appears randomly, whenever it feels like it, I guess. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it and I find the entire situation exhausting. There are more important and urgent issues to be dealt with. And, since I can't seem to actually speak with a human about this, I am officially giving up.

You can close the ticket and I am going to stop all notifications on it. Life will go on whether this works or not :-). Thanks.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @revrachel I understand your frustration, so sorry for the unintended experience, as things should just work when they're supposed to - thats always my theory. I would really like to get this resolved for you!

So, I did some thorough testing of this feature, hoping to further understand actually when this preview dialog is prompt'd to you. 

So when starting an instant meeting, it seems it will only show when joining, and if there’s a waiting room. More info on Starting Your Instant Meeting vs Scheduling a Meeting

Disabling 'Participant Video On' during meeting scheduling bypasses the preview dialog, resulting in no prompt for participants who have that setting checked. 

Here's my perspective on being the host and scheduling the meeting with the waiting room enabled and the participants' video turned on. I was able to test this with my Personal and Employee Zoom accounts, scheduling and joining the host's meeting with two separate accounts to see that dialog appear.

Here is the scheduled meeting settings: 

RN_0-1708532319647.png

Here is the dialog prompt'd on my macOS

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 10.19.41 AM.png

Sorry for the back and forth with this! Just had to do a bit more testing to determine when this dialog actually prompts. Hope this helps

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I appreciate your tenacity🙂. I will continue to persevere and see what happens next.

Again, thank you for still trying✌🏼

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Yay, anytime! @revrachel let me know your findings - if we need to troubleshoot further I am more than willing to help. Thank you! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

P.S. Giving me a "chatting it up" badge for being irritated and not getting any resolution felt a bit....disengenious. Let's not do that anymore, ok? Thanks 🙂

DanHuber
Participant

are you talking about previewing your video before you join a meeting? if so I know you dont want a Zoom support link but...https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061118#:~:text=When%20joining%20a...

that goes over settings for previewing your video. 

there is a couple of communities im apart of. One is called Officehours.global they do a daily show on zoom relating to Media events. part of that is a 24hr a day Zoom after hours meeting. almost always someone in there available to test anything out. Also Zoom Test Kitchen which you can find out about on their Facebook page and YouTube channel. since you learn by doing, these are a couple of services at your disposal.